Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all just letting everyone know that the girlfriend and I will be overnighting at Gull island Thursday for Friday. Anyone who wants to join is more than welcome. Should be a couple of the nicer days in the past few weeks for boating. Look for a blue and white sea ray. Hopefully we see you out there.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Would enjoy meeting you guys, but I won't be there. Maybe next time.

From what others have said, you might want to bring an air freshener or two. Guess the island is kind of trashed.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Please take pictures of the trash if you go. I havent stepped foot on the island in a couple of years and am wondering of its condidtion.

I think the trash pictures SHOULD be posted for all to see, especially the once a year (JN) visitors. Maybe we can get a few up on the jobbie website....wonder how long they would be there before getting pulled.

If there was 1% of the effort to clean the island in the aftermath as there is of effort to get to the party the place would be clean.....its a shame.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Jul 30 2009, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Please take pictures of the trash if you go. I havent stepped foot on the island in a couple of years and am wondering of its condidtion.

I think the trash pictures SHOULD be posted for all to see, especially the once a year (JN) visitors. Maybe we can get a few up on the jobbie website....wonder how long they would be there before getting pulled.

If there was 1% of the effort to clean the island in the aftermath as there is of effort to get to the party the place would be clean.....its a shame.

I wish I had my camara with me a few weeks back when I visited and saw that absolutlly rancid mess that was on the island. Made me want to puke. Haven't been back since. I hope it has been slightly cleaned up. Some people are absolute PIGS.

Don't mean to bum you out emmettfire45. I hope to meet you out there soon. Thanks for the heads up. Have fun and enjoy your trip out there.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I stopped there the week after the 4th of July. I wasn't on the island 15 minutes. The smell was awful, there was garbage, cans, bottles, stagnant water, flies. It was horrible. I did not take any pics. I won't be back.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was out there about two weeks ago. It was pretty bad. I picked up two whole garbage bags worth of junk. It didnt stink at all. I figure see how it is this time and make up our mind from there. Maybe have a little camp fire and get rid of some of the trash. I will take pictures when we go post them up. Would be nice to meet up with some fellow lscners

·
Registered
948 Posts
We will be out tonight and all day tomorrow. Don't know if we will head over to Gull. Maybe Goose. I'll be on channel 69. Just give me a hail and let me know how the Island is and maybe we'll shoot over.

·
&quot;Commodore of the ToT LoT&quot;
2,809 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Jul 30 2009, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Please take pictures of the trash if you go. I havent stepped foot on the island in a couple of years and am wondering of its condidtion.

QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 30 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Mini @ Jul 30 2009, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Please take pictures of the trash if you go. I havent stepped foot on the island in a couple of years and am wondering of its condidtion.

I wish I had my camara with me a few weeks back when I visited and saw that absolutlly rancid mess that was on the island. Made me want to puke. Haven't been back since. I hope it has been slightly cleaned up. Some people are absolute PIGS.

Don't mean to bum you out emmettfire45. I hope to meet you out there soon. Thanks for the heads up. Have fun and enjoy your trip out there.

Couldn't agree more guys!! I took the family to the north side a couple of weeks ago.......not going back. Between the trash, dog and goose poop, and large dogs running free(right thru are picnic blanket).....I'm done!!!

It's Very Sad Indeed!!!!

Cheers!!

XO

·
Registered
618 Posts
its sad how people cant just spend 5 minutes cleaning up after themselves.....when i see glass bottles or cans laying around ill pick them up.....we dont want anyone to get hurt or anything.........thats pretty sad.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I think the people that profit from jobbie nooner ,, site and are out there selling t shirts , coozies , etc ,, and romoting there buissness , should all pitch in and sponser a after jobbie clean up party ... Or put some of that money towards paying a claen up crew.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob @ Jul 30 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think the people that profit from jobbie nooner ,, site and are out there selling t shirts , coozies , etc ,, and romoting there buissness , should all pitch in and sponser a after jobbie clean up party ... Or put some of that money towards paying a claen up crew.

That will be the day when pigs grow wings and fly....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts