Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have computer problems here. I have to call and get it fixed. The help desk is now located in India.
How can I get help when I can't understand a word they are saying?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
The exact thing happened to me yesterday. I still have troubles and I don't speak thie language and they apperently don't understand me. When you figure it out please let me know.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I thought I heard that Dell or Gateway say they were going to bring there help desk back to the US cause of this problem.

I suggest that you call the parent company and let them know how upset you are. Even better would be to write the CEO or someone high up a direct letter of complaint.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
My yesterday sucked. I ended up with food poisoning from where I ate lunch. Got sicker than ever. Ended up home sleeping by 2:30 in the afternoon. Still feel a little off today, but I had to go to work because they don't have paid sick days.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jun 3 2004, 03:31 PM)I thought I heard that Dell or Gateway say they were going to bring there help desk back to the US cause of this problem.
I do believe it is Dell. Milord has had problems with them, and has had to tell them to put someone on the phone that speaks english. I mean no offence to any one at all but when I buy a Canadian/American built product and need some assistance with it, I want to talk to an english speaking person.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, help desks DO suck. Just got off the phone with a coworker in Minneapolis, they've been down all day and are waiting for our work helpdesk to call back to tell her when they are dispatching someone to fix it... but they have to sit there all day. Time for euchre or something!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Responses heard on the help line in India, spoken in an indian accent--->"You are wasting valuless time", " you are not making yourself transparent to me" "you are be needing this"

I run a help line here in US. And it ROCKS!!! U. S. A. !!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
True about Dell. They brought heldesk operations back to the US.

Best response we've heard from India's help desk, when telling them we were unable to log on as either a user, or as administrator, was "Oh my God" -- in a thick Indian accent!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
I just confirmed that Dell's support is still in India. It was the most horrible tech support call I ever experienced! I half wondered if I wasn't speaking to a computer. When reading off serial or phone #'s, I had to speak slowly, preface each character by saying "the number" or "the letter" - and it took an average of 3 minutes to get through each numer I had to read off to them. They repeatedly missed characters. I knew it was india, because it didn't phase them that my phone number was only 8 numbers long. I was disconnected twice, and had to run through the whole process each time I called back. Neither time, was there any record of my previous call. All in all, it took two hours and 3 techs, for them to understand I needed a new monitor. Let's see how the rest of the process goes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts