Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
OK PEEPS.....I know it's the same day as the RAFT.

BUT....where there's a will, there's a way.

LSCN NEEDS TO BE represented in the BOAT TOWN USA Festival of Lights Parade on August 7.
It's later in the evening and IT CAN HAPPEN....

UPN50 will be there - they are entering a boat and this event is going to get TONS OF PUBLICITY!!!!

WE NEED A BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a theme!!!!!

We need VOLUNTEERS!!!!!!!

WE NEED YOU!!!!!!

Who's IN?!?!?!?!?

P L E A S E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Im in. according to the guy working on my boat, it will be ready by 8-7 for the raft and the parade of lights. Its a 1964 chris craft sea skiff 28' cabin cruiser. lots to decorate. The Antique & Classic Boat Society makes a big deal about the parade of lights as well. Let me know.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AWESOME AQUAHOLIC....great boat (my dad used to have a Skiff...
)
We need a theme and MORE PEEPS to help decorate...

COME ON PEEPS ...............

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I may be able to put some time in. Could be fun. Let me know when there are more details.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
I would love to help out! I have a generator too!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ill keep everyone posted. its all down to finding the bad wire. my buddy is working on it for me. A generator will be needed. Lets make the ol girl look like the sun

·
Sponsor since Sep. 08
488 Posts
I will be willing to help, keep me posted.
Also, a portable generator is ok to use, but it must have a fuel tank with a large enough fuel tank to run for the whole parade. You can not refuel the generator during the parade. You can mount an external fuel tank if necessary.

There will be a Captains meeting on August 4th at the Harbor Club North Club House. The meeting will start at 7pm and the Captains of all parade entries must attend.

Contact myself (Dave) or Saleena362 (Laney) to get an application.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We need TONS of lights...who's got lights?~?~?~?

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
This is a great idea! We used Todd Brady's (Kyda Tech) last year for the Venetian Festival parade.

Aquaholic, let us know if your boat will be running, I'll mention it to Todd just in case.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I displayed the banners on the side of the Dolphin Marine boat last year. I can do the same this year as well no problem.

If LSCN wants to have an exclusive boat, that's cool too.

·
Sponsor since Sep. 08
488 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Jul 26 2004, 09:27 PM)I displayed the banners on the side of the Dolphin Marine boat last year. I can do the same this year as well no problem.

If LSCN wants to have an exclusive boat, that's cool too.
The more boats that are in the parade, the better the parade. We need lots of boats.

UPN Channel 50 will be filming the parade from my house. We need to make this the biggest parade ever.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,425 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Jul 26 2004, 04:58 PM)We need TONS of lights...who's got lights?~?~?~?
I do . . . but I'll need some help getting them down off the house!

·
LSCN Sponsor
328 Posts
Ck
I have no time, but a winning web site needs a winning boat. I have some design ideas from the Venetian and ways to use light that make a great impact. IF you are interested call me at the office. we did the alligator on Lake St. Clair if anyone remembers it was pretty awesome. Calll me is you need any advice.
Sue

·
Sponsor since Sep. 08
488 Posts
I remember the alligator, that was awesome. We need that kind of creativity in the parade!!
Time is running out, lets get this started!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Hey this is great stuff! I may be available to help decorate.
We need a theme before we can do anything though, right?
Theme, what's a good theme??

A big rainbow maybe?

Man, I dunno. Whatever it is, I think we need to make "LAKESTCLAIR.NET" visible. Those who don't already know about us, won't know what "LSCN" is.

·
Sponsor since Sep. 08
488 Posts
Someone needs to call Echsue, it sounds like she might have some good ideas.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.