Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Here

*** MARINA Lake Erie - $199000 (River Rasin)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-11, 3:53AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marina for sale on Lake Erie the River Rasin. 850ft of waterfront property across the
street from the National Park, War of 1812 Battlefield, and next door from CLAMDIGGERS.
Water and Electric at each dock. email ... [email protected] 734-241-2700.
Land contract possible with large down payment.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1416167818

Copyright © 2009 craigslist

Attachments

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Yup, Flagged

The only two I know of is Schmids, and they are asking way to much $$ and the one on Jefferson & Sugarbush. The second one needs a lot of work and does not have enough wells to generate any money.

·
Registered
954 Posts
QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 12 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The only two I know of is Schmids, and they are asking way to much $$ and the one on Jefferson & Sugarbush. The second one needs a lot of work and does not have enough wells to generate any money.

You are right Schmids is WAAAAAY over priced. What about Sandbar? There is property to add Rack storage. Is it still for sale?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE(Gary864 @ Oct 12 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 12 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The only two I know of is Schmids, and they are asking way to much $$ and the one on Jefferson & Sugarbush. The second one needs a lot of work and does not have enough wells to generate any money.

You are right Schmids is WAAAAAY over priced. What about Sandbar? There is property to add Rack storage. Is it still for sale?

The last I looked, it was off the market. I have not seen it posted on any of the commercial websites I check.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Oct 12 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont know the name of it but the red and white stripped marina on harsens is for sale and has been for a long time. probably way overpriced also

The problem with that one is how do you fill the wells. Who drives to Harsens to get on their boat? I know I would not. I have seen one listed that was on Harsens Island, South Channel. Very large marina and a huge building to go with it. Again, tho, who would dock their boat there for the season?

Schmids
http://www.mi-mls.com:81/cgi-bin/broker03?...NNL=3&xxxx=

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 12 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Oct 12 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont know the name of it but the red and white stripped marina on harsens is for sale and has been for a long time. probably way overpriced also

The problem with that one is how do you fill the wells. Who drives to Harsens to get on their boat? I know I would not. I have seen one listed that was on Harsens Island, South Channel. Very large marina and a huge building to go with it. Again, tho, who would dock their boat there for the season?

People who live in Algonac or Clay would keep their boats there since it's close to them. Don't forget there are a few houses on Harsen's that don't have a canal or access to water. They might have a boat too.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 13 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 12 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Oct 12 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont know the name of it but the red and white stripped marina on harsens is for sale and has been for a long time. probably way overpriced also

People who live in Algonac or Clay would keep their boats there since it's close to them. Don't forget there are a few houses on Harsen's that don't have a canal or access to water. They might have a boat too.

Agreed, Mike, but is there enough that could potentially fill the marina, or at least 80%? Harsens Island is a tough one. To have a destination, like Riverside, is great and I love going there. But other than a destination / resort type setup on Harsens, I think would get tought to fill.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 13 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 13 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 12 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Oct 12 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont know the name of it but the red and white stripped marina on harsens is for sale and has been for a long time. probably way overpriced also

Agreed, Mike, but is there enough that could potentially fill the marina, or at least 80%? Harsens Island is a tough one. To have a destination, like Riverside, is great and I love going there. But other than a destination / resort type setup on Harsens, I think would get tought to fill.

That's where you have to make your marina stand out. In this economy it would likely mean taking a loss to get a loyal client base in hopes of getting filled and being able to gently nudge up prices to get you above water. Gotta get folks to consider yours to be the best value, so they go there insead of just what's the cheapest.

Offer to stand guard with an M-16.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 13 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 13 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 13 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 12 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Oct 12 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont know the name of it but the red and white stripped marina on harsens is for sale and has been for a long time. probably way overpriced also

That's where you have to make your marina stand out. In this economy it would likely mean taking a loss to get a loyal client base in hopes of getting filled and being able to gently nudge up prices to get you above water. Gotta get folks to consider yours to be the best value, so they go there insead of just what's the cheapest.

·
Registered
207 Posts
QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 13 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 13 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 13 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 13 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 12 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Oct 12 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont know the name of it but the red and white stripped marina on harsens is for sale and has been for a long time. probably way overpriced also

Actually marina behind Riverside is for sale $1m (Asking price 6 years ago). probably close to 80% full. SCYC and Sunset on Harsens are also 80% + full. The one that used to be red and white striped has been for sale forever. I have heard they have problems with the freighter wash beating up the boats pretty bad in there.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
QUOTE(47chris @ Oct 14 2009, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 13 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 13 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 13 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 13 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 12 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Oct 12 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont know the name of it but the red and white stripped marina on harsens is for sale and has been for a long time. probably way overpriced also

Actually marina behind Riverside is for sale $1m (Asking price 6 years ago). probably close to 80% full. SCYC and Sunset on Harsens are also 80% + full. The one that used to be red and white striped has been for sale forever. I have heard they have problems with the freighter wash beating up the boats pretty bad in there.

I think that all the marina's on Harsen's are 80%+ full and Schneider's had no open spots last year. And if the red and white marina you are talking about is I.Y.C. yes the problem there is the freighter's.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i was looking for a new marina to put the boat at an there is a marina for sale by owner on the same street that terrys marina in fair haven for sale. i drove in and it was very nice not to big but a good starter business. i beleive it was called fair haven marina inc. good luck

john

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE(searay28 @ Oct 14 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i was looking for a new marina to put the boat at an there is a marina for sale by owner on the same street that terrys marina in fair haven for sale. i drove in and it was very nice not to big but a good starter business. i beleive it was called fair haven marina inc. good luck

john

No luck so far finding that one, but I did find the Sand Bar one.....

http://www.loopnet.com/property/16277076/7479-****-Rd/

·
Registered
208 Posts
QUOTE(The Patriot @ Oct 14 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(searay28 @ Oct 14 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i was looking for a new marina to put the boat at an there is a marina for sale by owner on the same street that terrys marina in fair haven for sale. i drove in and it was very nice not to big but a good starter business. i beleive it was called fair haven marina inc. good luck

john

No luck so far finding that one, but I did find the Sand Bar one.....

http://www.loopnet.com/property/16277076/7479-****-Rd/

what is wrong with this sand bar marina ? not a money maker ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.