Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won a bid on EBay last night and I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Pay Pal that they have set up for your credit card?? And if so, is it a safe thing to use on the internet???

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
It's very safe, Rich. PayPal is one of the most trusted forms of online transactions anywhere on the web. We have used it for all of our LSCN merchandise sales and we've never had a single problem with it. If we didn't think it was safe and reliable, we wouldn't use it on our site.

I sound like a freakin' commercial

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I use it all the time to both buy and sell stuff. I have it on my web site for orders and have never had a problem with it.

·
LSCN Sponsor
283 Posts
Hey Rich!
PayPal is awesome
i love it
it works for lotsa stuff
when you get it
check into all the other offers they have
its worth the look
seeya

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Ebay bought PayPal a while back after "Ebay Payments" failed - they were late to the party and PayPal was already dominant.

BTW as a seller PayPal is sort of a ripoff. I have two accounts set up, one is for non-credit card payers only (direct from their bank accounts), so I can avoid thwe high fees.

There is a new player in the auction payments field, CheckFree. CheckFree is the largest bill paying service (I have used it for a while), and is now getting into auction payments. Fees are lower than PayPal - maybe eventually PayPal will be forced to lower their fees. Other alternatives are BidPay (Western Union) and Payingfast - send a money order to seller.

BigTree

·
Registered
88 Posts
QUOTE(Tango 7 @ Nov 11 2003, 07:32 AM)I have never had a problem with it
I would have to agree, I have never had a problem with it and find it to be very handy. Even for thing other than Ebay.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
i used ebay and paypal. i used my discover card. the item was never shipped, after calling paypal. they said they could not do anything for me there was no money in his account. i was out $220. i called ebay, they gave me the same run around, said they sent email to the seller nothing else could be done. then i went to discover they gave me my $220 back but then took it away again saying that i did authorize the $220. paypal did have my ok to take the money. they could do nothing. i went to the internet fraud unit of macomb county i gave them the guys name. he left his adress in the auction to mail the payment to. they went by that contacted him. they told him there were charges going to be pressed. he called me that day and sent back my money four days later. i will never use paypal again... i do buy lots of things from ebay including a cadillac, suzuki gsxr 1100 and tons of race car parts. so i am not just a one time buyer.... i know what it is about.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pandora, sorry to hear that. I thought that I had sent the PalPay payment to the seller on EBay and he said that he never received any payment yet??? Go figure .. Now I have to check to see if I did it right the first time....?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
you can check that through paypal look up your account history. it will tell you the day you sent it and the day it cleared to the seller.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Always check carefully who you are buying from.....I have had a couple of problems with EBay users, but after providing EBay with plenty of evidence of abuse from others, they sided with me.

After 200 and some transactions I've only had 2 problems. One was from a seller and one was someone buying from me...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts