Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It gets on my nerves when people have line strung out right in the path of the boat launch. I mean tonight for example I was pullin in to take the boat out and people were saying watch out we have lines out, well their lines were right in the way, if you ever been to Marysville launch you know what I mean.

I replied back saying this is a boat launch not a fishing hole there are plenty of other places to fish why right here where you know we have to drive to get to the ramp. Am I wrong for this?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Nope id have taken there poles and thrown them off to the side and said, if your line gets in my prop and messes up a seal ill be doing more with that pole than tossing it a side.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
That is a problem at all of the launchs...I had that same issue today at Metro...most guys will reel up if they are in your way....Some guys string lines clear across the canal and they look at you like you are in the wrong....Just like anywhere else there are a$$holes everywhere....

I do my best to give shore fisherman the right of way, but when they completely block the canal that can get out of hand......

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sounds like a good reason to have a well, eh? Totin' a boat always sucked, I think. Though at times, with the marinas charging a ransom, I can understand why there are those that must drag a boat to the lake for launch. And I understand your futility with the fishermen. But, they should have the etiquette to pull their lines in for boats to launch and load. Understanding on the part of all is needed. Maybe the bite was good, who knows.

The blame goes to those that police the launch. Complain to them and I'm sure the problem will be solved. No need to raise the blood pressure.

If that was the most severe problem I faced all season, I'd be one happy boater.

Bob

·
Registered
169 Posts
QUOTE(Bob David @ Jul 9 2009, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds like a good reason to have a well, eh? Totin' a boat always sucked, I think. Though at times, with the marinas charging a ransom, I can understand why there are those that must drag a boat to the lake for launch. And I understand your futility with the fishermen. But, they should have the etiquette to pull their lines in for boats to launch and load. Understanding on the part of all is needed. Maybe the bite was good, who knows.

The blame goes to those that police the launch. Complain to them and I'm sure the problem will be solved. No need to raise the blood pressure.

If that was the most severe problem I faced all season, I'd be one happy boater.

Bob

Well put Bob!

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
we encounter fishermen under the bridges ...and so far...every single one of them has pulled in their lines or checked to make sure we werent in the path....no problems what-so-ever in that regard.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I consider myself very lucky (did study/work my arse off) to be a boat owner and be able to go anywere on the lake. Like newbs said I've always seen em real there lines in, or just use a few feet from the wall. I guess I got other battles to worry about....

·
Registered
135 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Jul 9 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>we encounter fishermen under the bridges ...and so far...every single one of them has pulled in their lines or checked to make sure we werent in the path....no problems what-so-ever in that regard.

That would be great if these people pulled in their lines no problem, but they act like I'm in their way for boating up to the launch I called the city of Marysville and they said I'm not the first to complain about these people. I mean hell if they throw in a couple bucks for gas I would be happy to take the out fishing but they wanna be rude instead. But again maybe i'm over reacting I was in a bad mood when all this went down.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Bob David @ Jul 9 2009, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds like a good reason to have a well, eh? Totin' a boat always sucked, I think. Though at times, with the marinas charging a ransom, I can understand why there are those that must drag a boat to the lake for launch. And I understand your futility with the fishermen. But, they should have the etiquette to pull their lines in for boats to launch and load. Understanding on the part of all is needed. Maybe the bite was good, who knows.

Bob

Great reason to have a well, I am calling around today to get one I'm sure there are some deals out there right now. Thanks Bob

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I don't think you're overreacting, the launch is for just that, launching and hauling your boat out, it's not a fishing pier.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I know the launch you are talking about, and if I'm right, you basically can't get to the launch when they have their lines out there.... My buddy used to live up in Marysville, on Illinois St, and we would launch his little Wellcraft center console there, and they were always in the way...... No sense of decency to just pull the lines, or better yet, go find a better fishing spot.

A slip is nice, but why do you have to incur more expense because others can't manage to follow the rules?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
View attachment 63640

This launch? There is a ton of current there and they cant help it if their lines head down stream! LOL

Hell yes they can....all they have to do is head further UPSTREAM. I have had the same problem at the same launch. Depending on the size of craft you can get around them....just head in downstream of them and make the hard left to the dock. I have been tempted to trim almost al the way up and send a wave of water over the seawall, but decided why ruin my day.

I did start launching further upstream in one of the rivers (Pine or Black).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts