Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Oct 9 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You need Good boots to handle mud, the field is sloppy. There is a ton of birds there right now.
You had better make sure to leave alot of them for us. Good luck to all who head forward tomorrow, and be safe.ing.

BTW...This is grapes on Eddie's login

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I got an email from Don today that said the same thing...Good number of ducks, tons of geese and sloppy fields. Sounds like a good weekend to me.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(eddiebauer @ Oct 9 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Oct 9 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You need Good boots to handle mud, the field is sloppy. There is a ton of birds there right now.
You had better make sure to leave alot of them for us. Good luck to all who head forward tomorrow, and be safe.ing.

BTW...This is grapes on Eddie's login

Either way
and good luck!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Good luck all.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
No sleep Friday night. On the road at 3:45. In the field until 7:45 PM back home in bed at 10:30 PM. We were a wee bit tired. morning hunt ended up with only 4 with one of those being a retrieved cripple from another group. We stayed all afternoon and finished the day with a flurry of 16 geese and 10 mallards. Great group of guys kept us entertained on a very long day. Really enjoyed meeting and spending the day with superman, true sporstman. He has the pics

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(islander @ Oct 11 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No sleep Friday night. On the road at 3:45. In the field until 7:45 PM back home in bed at 10:30 PM. We were a wee bit tired. morning hunt ended up with only 4 with one of those being a retrieved cripple from another group. We stayed all afternoon and finished the day with a flurry of 16 geese and 10 mallards. Great group of guys kept us entertained on a very long day. Really enjoyed meeting and spending the day with superman, true sporstman. He has the pics

Sweet!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Just got back from our HH hunt. All in all not too bad. Seen, as Don would say, sh!t tons of geese. Lots of birds in the air but they just would'nt cooperate. Birds were pretty skittish mainly do to some aholes shooting birds off the roost and sky busting just to the south of us. Ducks were far and few between over our spead. We ended up with 6 geese and no ducks. Me, my son and his buddy Matt, had a great time and Don and Troy were excellant hosts as always. Almost forgot, Don managed a bonus skunk with his truck on the way back. It was flipped up and hit the fender of his trailer and splattered skunk funk down the side of the trailer. Luckily, no lingering odors. Good luck to you guys tomarrow.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Thanks Tom - I enjoyed meeting/hunting with you as well and I sure hope we can hunt again! Islander and Toothy spelled it out pretty well - sorry you guys only got 6 Greg
that sounds exactly like how our day started out. We had sh*ttons of birds all around us but no commitments other than a few singles. Of course there were 10-15 ducks practically landing in our blinds 2 minutes before legal time in the morning! I swear one was so close all opened up to land I saw his duckie nuts! We started with 10 guys, 2 left around 11, then we moved the blinds back a ways and moved a bunch of dekes and waited. The wait wasn't bad, as Tom said we laughed a ton, I snuck in a nap, and Chris (great guy, local farmer with the 3 lil' ones in the photo) went to get McD's and brought back a sh*tton of double-cheeseburgers and a big fresh venison salami- awesome! The flood gates opened about 4:30 again, there were so many birds in the air I couldn't believe it. They started working, apparently our "new" setup worked. The ducks came late, and after we put our guns away and started packing up we had tons more coming over - lots of woodies buzzing around late. I'm glad we stayed, made for a LONG day for all of us but well worth it. Don and Troy are great guys too. Here's some pics...
Cloud Sky Plant People in nature Farmer

Cloud Sky Trousers Hunting Ecoregion

Plant Wood Grass Twig Natural landscape

Trousers Jeans Vertebrate Cargo pants Military camouflage

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts