Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
View attachment 63121 Sorry for the late report

Shore fishing Metro Beach

Wasted some of the morning at the point with major floating weeds from the storms, and kids throwing rocks.

So I then left the point, and goofing around while leaving I stopped and pulled these out in around 20 minutes.

Lost a few for not keeping it tight, and being up over 36 hours didn't feel to much anyways on the pole haha

Also had one of my poles tight and something hit very hard and snapped the tip right off a cheap shimano rod, and then grabbed the ugly stick, but it bit the hook right off the leader. Hmmmm I can guess

Would have stayed longer, but wanted to get home and check on the wife who is due to give us a baby girl here just over a month.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
nice catch, and an early congrats to the proud parents.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nice Job...Turn that little girl into a fisherman!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry about late response.

Very busy with running a business, and turning an un-used bedroom into its first baby room. Also baby proofing the house , and the weimer doesn't like the baby proofing.

I appreciate all the kind comments from everyone. What a cute child, and did the boat ride help the little one fall asleep. Say yes so I can get a boat

Hmmm time seems to be running out quick for the little one enetering the world.

On a good note will be in dexter tonight for a job, and when done will try the huron river that runs behind the restaurant.
Always carry some fishing stuff in the work vans, so I can get some fishing in

·
Registered
201 Posts
QUOTE(little guy @ Jun 28 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job and good luck! My 3 month old girl took her first boat ride the other day!

View attachment 63123

Hey Kurt,
Your little girl looks great, how soon till she has a fishing pole in her hand???? Just for fun I had my boy try to hold a pole this weekend, did not work out....lol

Tony

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but no the boat ride was a 15 minute ferry ride to Mackinac Island so she didn't have enough time to fall asleep. I predict that it will be next spring before she gets on my boat. By then she'll be 1 yr old. I know I starting catching fish at an awfully young age but her shot at holding a pole may be awhile.

At this point I'd just be happy if she started growing hair so everyone stops telling me what a beautiful BOY I have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts