Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to cement can Saturday at 4pm a school came through at 5;30 which we pulled up 12 keepers all nice fish from 9-12 inches. That was it not another bite till we left at 7pm. about 7-8 boats in area leaving one by one

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good going! I’m headed out tomorrow morning. I’ll be by the dumping grounds. Yea I don’t know where that can is either. Anyone going to be out tomorrow morning?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well I started off by the gpyc -nothing promising. I went out to the dumping grounds and got 4-5 keepers right away 16ft. Things slowed down. I went towards gpyc, halfway between dumping grounds and shore, it was absolutely on fire. NO other boats there. I was using perch rigs n minnows. Got my limit fast then started keeping the bigger ones. Some guy was cruising by and happened to see me do a hook set and stopped 100ft from me lol. I called it a quits. Was pretty good today. Smallest was 8” biggest was 12

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the update MrDukaj - I’m gonna give it a shot in the morning if the wind holds off - sounds like the fish are moving towards shore. Thanks again for the info!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did very well on Wednesday on the perch. Kept 30 nice perch from 9-12" from GPYC area. Fished from 7-11am returned to same area Thursday only managed 7 keepers. Moved around but could not get them going.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sonds great guys. I have to get off my azz and get out there for some of those nice perch before the cold bitter stuff comes around. Thanks for the reports.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn’t leave the dock until after 11:00 Saturday morning with my nephew and headed out to the dumping grounds. Gave it 45 minutes and no bites so we headed over behind the 400 club looking to get out of the wind/waves. We brought home 9 jumbos between the two of us, we tossed back a bunch of eight inchers and dinks, we fished until 2:30 in 15ft of water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts