Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Started the fishing at about 8:30 and we got right on them perch and some BIG ones im talkin jumbos as you will see in the pictures as big as the bass I didnt want to keep. The key is emerald shiners if you dont have them you will have some troubles. Went out with goldies the same spot caught nothing like this next time out, shinners same spot JUMBOS 6 fish over 13in. St. Clair Light just southwest of it 18ft of water. 33 total and 2 bass quit perch fishing by 10:30.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Very Nice!
Out of curiosity which light? I've heard people call either the one by the northern end of the dumping grounds or the one down by belle isle the saint clair light?
This has cunfuzed me greatly

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(heimskr @ Jul 18 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very Nice!
Out of curiosity which light? I've heard people call either the one by the northern end of the dumping grounds or the one down by belle isle the saint clair light?
This has cunfuzed me greatly

Dumping grounds is the one I was at.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Neither of the markers mentioned in this thread is the St Clair Light. Just so you guys know...

The Saint Clair light is on the ditch, pretty much in the middle between the St Clair River Shipping Channel and the Detroit River. It's the biggest marker on the lake. It's huge, like the size of a lighthouse.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 18 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just a hint, if you save the pics in JPG format instead of BMP format they will show up in the post like this:
View attachment 64149
add the first pic, then hit the enter key and add the next one
View attachment 64150
and they will stack, instead of stretching the page.

Hhaha thanks I thought it was I couldnt figure out why I did that....this isnt geared towards you I know the the St. Clair Light light is a lighthouse kinda out in front of the gpyc. Just letting you know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Small lighthouse at north end of Dumping Grounds are Channel markers 13 & 14. Large lighthouse known as St. Clair Light are Channel markers 23 & 24.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(slish1 @ Jul 18 2009, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>very nice talked to tournament fisherman today said he caught a 14 1/2 in. perch on a goby about 3 miles from the light s.e.

Nice to know the tournament fishermen are fishing illegally LOLOLOL Thanks for the update!!!

Basspro...gorgeous PERCH bro!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Fish N Chicks and I hit my favorite spot this evening, (which I do believe is gonna be his new favorite spot too
) and in no time, we were bringing in 9"-10" Perch. Then the big boats moved in and the fishing had to stop
. Oh well, all the perch were put back in the drink. We really didn't want the fish, just wanted to catch some, and that we did. All were caught on spreader rigs and above each hook had a chartrues bead, and we tipped the hooks with half a crawler each.

Sorry no pics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.