Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a report today on CNN

PETA is trying to convince the govenor of Wisconsin to change the state drink from milk to beer!!

I'll never understand these people!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
peta is a joke. i mean i agree with some things they say, but they are definatly going too far in other areas. i dont think anyone should mistreat animals ( that includes carp baseball, thats just wrong). but to go so far as to say that fishing is animal abuse and make statements like " you wouldnt hook a cat in the mouth and let it flop around on a dock" is just outrageous. and what does the ethical treatment of animals have to do with milk????? i dont recall cows going through much pain in the milking process. they should spend more time targeting cock fighting and less time throwing bottles and rocks at anglers. i had a girl in my debate class in highschool who was a follower of peta. i got paired up with her for a debate. we argued for 3 days on why fishing isnt animal abuse. i won. noone (including my teacher) would side with her and her communist views ( joking). but it is ridicoulous. in my opinion of the animal kingdom, there are animals to eat, animals to have as pets, animals to run away from, and more animals to eat. as long as we dont beat the beast before the feast, ther shouldnt be any problem. especially venison and beef, oh and chicken wings, extra spicey with blue cheese and a big glass of mountain dew, and some curly fries............and then bring on the beers, 2 at a time if you please. what were we talking about? oh yeah, peta sucks!

madman himself

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I do not agree with ANYTHING PETA says. Not abusing animals as in carp baseball is as obvious as the nose on my face.....

This group needs to be disbanded....

Mini

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mini

The scary thing is people keep buying into their crap. Look at all the "hollywood people" who support them.

They're full of #$it but they keep getting stronger.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I am a member of PETA: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I am afraid that the only way we are going to stop them, or at least slow them down, is politically. One of the first things we, as a fishing community, need to look for in a candidate for any office is where do they stand on the so called "animals rights" issue. Remember the California Channel Islands!

Jim

·
Registered
31 Posts
PETA is guilty of a very horrible misdeed...taking themselves too seriously. C'mon...we're all going to stop drinking milk? Are we all going to get rid of our pet cats and dogs? What does PETA plan on doing with all these domesticated animals? Just like all extremists, I'll bet half of them don't know why they stand for what they stand for.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Feb 27 2003, 06:18 AM)I am a member of PETA: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!
I'm with you on that one Top Gun!!! lol

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
There's been times when I wanted to put a boot up our cats arss,...but never a hook in the lip!! That's just WRONG!! LOL

Mac

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I once heard that PETA of Ohio managed to capture 200 white tail deer just before the gun season and placed hunter-orange vests on them. Thinking that hunters won't shoot at hunter orange. A hunter caught wind of it and started a contest. Send him $5.00 before the season starts and if you get a deer with a vest, send in a picture. After the season a picture was drawn from a hat and that hunter got the pot. It lead to a very sucessful deer season and several hunters interviewed by a local paper made the same statement: "It was the easiest deer I ever took. I could see him coming from a mile away!"

·
525 Posts
If you take a good look at everthing they have been trying to do you will see that they have already made their main drink BEER and have been drinking way to much of it.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Thats great site Stevie1. There are some other interesting articles on it as well.

I read in the paper a couple of weeks ago where PETA has a movement in, of all places, California to outlaw people OWNING pets because it is demeaning to the animals. They equate animals to humans therefore owning an animal is basically equal to slavery. The article said, as I recall, that they were getting some support from some local politicians. This is not funny stuff and is a good indicator of how far they will go. The logical extension of this is fish equal humans.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's an Idea that has been gaining some steam as of late, let me know what you think. We all see these hollywood people getting in front of these causes that most people don't agree with but the media kind of rams them down our throats. The reason that they get away with it is because no one ever seriously stands up to them. I say that whenever we see someone that says something that we don't like, we contact everyone we know and begin to write every studio, record company, tv network etc... that they work for. I know that people have always written to complain for someone's views but it seems like more people are doing it. Besides, with the internet it makes getting your opinion out much easier. As for PETA, I detest them. Every time I hear them make some crazy claim, it sounds, well....crazy. Their arguments are never really based in reality.
Thanks too for the deer hunting story. I think I'm going to chuckle about that for a while. I'll be that guy in the car at the stop light who shakes his head and chuckles for no reason.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh, and as far as beer being made the official drink...Maybe I might agree with that (but certianly not for the same reasons ha ha)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts