Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this problem???

Okay it was cute when the cat was under the tree skirt, no harm there.

Every day I come home to little berries chewed up and spit out, that would be from the cats, from my berry garland around the tree.

Tree branches bent every which way from their nibbling.

My wire ribbon around the tree is also pulled down off of the tree and laying on the ground. I resorted to stapling it in some areas, only to come home today with it still torn down and staples missing....I sense a trip to the vet <_<

Not to mention the tassles on my tree skirt resemble Sadies tug rope and she attempts to grab them and pull...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I usually have to put twisty ties on the bottom two rows of lights on my tree. My cat loves to mess with the ornaments he can reach too. <_< As long as my tree doesn't fall over and he doesn't destroy any of my ornaments, I really dont care. Thats one of the things you just have to deal with when you have a cat. Sneaky little buggers

·
Registered
3,385 Posts

HA! i haven't had a Christmas tree in 10 years! I finally gave up.
I'm sure you know this but be careful of things that may cause a blockage.
I saw an X-ray of a cat a few years back that had swallowed a fish hook as well as a lot of fishing line attacted to it. The doc removed it via surgery and it survived

All i can say is GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Hey...Hey....Now....I`m just echoing what your own hubby said.......OOOOOppps.......Hope I didn`t bust him..

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

I do a decoration inspection every day when I get home. The cats do not mess with the ornaments thank god.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Between Aiden and the cat I've decided to put up a lot less this year. Nothing is on the lower branches of the tree. My cat likes to sleep in the tree!! This is going to be a long month!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've also stopped putting ribbon and bows on presents. The cat was at the vet. on Dec. 26, few years ago with ribbon stuck inside, yugh!! The bows he takes off and bats around the house. So I decided way bother and it saves time.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
QUOTE(Amielou @ Dec 4 2003, 08:37 PM)Between Aiden and the cat I've decided to put up a lot less this year. Nothing is on the lower branches of the tree. My cat likes to sleep in the tree!! This is going to be a long month!!
Ditto, no breakable ornaments on the bottom of the tree, captin and morgan will bat them off and break them all <_<

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
QUOTE(Amielou @ Dec 4 2003, 08:48 PM)Talk the right topic!! The cat and dog were playing the one went flying into the tree!!grrrrrr
Yeah its all about the holidays
BTW: amilou I pm'd you, feel free to call me or pm me, I would be more than happy to help!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Great, so my wonderfully behaved kitty is going to go x-mas tree crazy on me.......Hmmmmm.......I'll have to get her some new toys then. Hopefully that will work. Agh.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Jill.......ummm I don't have any cats anymore..
But now I have a 2/12 year old that just finds fascination in the fact that there are ornaments w/ his picture and he has to take it down and take it apart along w/ the rest of the stuff....
<_<
Oh well cats, kids it never ends....!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
try a 75 lb dog that loves her front picture window. she grabs the branches and pulls them from the tree. i gave up and moved it over to the corner...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 4 2003, 07:51 PM)I do a decoration inspection every day when I get home. The cats do not mess with the ornaments thank god.
I can't wait to see what happens when one of the cats breaks a Christopher Radko ornament.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
When we used to have cats we were on high alert.

FYI

galand string and tinsle are dangerous to all animals. I will actually tear their inside

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Animal abuse?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts