Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3,236 Posts
Took the boat out for a test run of the foot steering I posted about the other day. Ended up fishing the canadian side in about 34 FOW north of Marysville. My rider went 3 for 4 on eyes and I was 0 for 1. I did manage to grab two rock bass though and one was a monster.
I was very pleased with the way the foot steering controls worked and that was my first time handlining and driving at the same time and only my second handlining trip ever so I was quite pleased overall. Orange, and pink/silver raps took the fish sizes were f7's and f9's. 2 out of 3 of the eyes landed were under 13" so all were released to put some more weight on. Beautiful night to be out. Watched a nice thunderstorms to our north and it was partly cloudy and moon lit to our south. I think I will be leaving the poles at home for awhile.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Nice work Tony~! I threw a jig around for a bit at the Upper DR lastnight, seen a lot of lightning and that to the North. lol You did better then me though, I went 0/0. Welcome to the darkside son
nothing beats being on the water in the middle of the night in calm conditions. Good stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.