Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take my sons on a pheasant hunt this year. I've heard about those pay places. Are they any good, are they worth the money? Where would be a good place to go? Also how much do they cost?

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(BOBHUNTDEER @ Aug 2 2003, 11:50 AM)I want to take my sons on a pheasant hunt this year. I've heard about those pay places. Are they any good, are they worth the money? Where would be a good place to go? Also how much do they cost?
Don't know about cost.

Harsen's Island I hear has a great set up. As a alternative to getting out in the field (which isn't very good cause numbers are down and good land is hard to find) this is a good way to bring up the little one and teach them respect for the land and animals. Not to fail to mention time spent with DAD!

I heard of nightmares of people having to kick the birds for the roost, cause they are raised, are being released from catapults. There are many others also.....

Good luck...haven't been for years. Old dog w/bad knee and the neighbors in our old neighborhood blew of major fireworks one year and ruined her.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If your looking for a really great Shooting Preserve try KDS just north of Croswell. 24 miles North west of Port Huron. They have a fantastic operation and their birds are as close to hunting wild birds as you can possibly get. They do an excellent job in conditioning all their birds to be great explosive flyers. Week day discounts, two hunters 10 birds for $155 offer a good deal. They also have a great kennel of dog's available for (rent) at under $50 or you can arrange for a guided hunt if you prefer. Your dog or theirs your alway welcomed. It's a no nonsense, no frill operation no gun or membership fees, with birds that you don't have to kick out of a crate or step on to get them up. You won't be disappointed I've hunted with them for four years now and they keep getting better every year. The kids will have a ball! Plenty of fields to hunt excellent managed habitat.

Phone (810) 679-3744 or (888)-697-1151 Karl, Darlene & Steve are the operators.

3225 Beach Road Croswell, Michigan 48422

www.Greatlakes.net/~kds
Email [email protected]

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Fish Factory @ Aug 3 2003, 06:51 PM)If your looking for a really great Shooting Preserve try KDS just north of Croswell. 24 miles North west of Port Huron. They have a fantastic operation and their birds are as close to hunting wild birds as you can possibly get. They do an excellent job in conditioning all their birds to be great explosive flyers. Week day discounts, two hunters 10 birds for $155 offer a good deal. They also have a great kennel of dog's available for (rent) at under $50 or you can arrange for a guided hunt if you prefer. Your dog or theirs your alway welcomed. It's a no nonsense, no frill operation no gun or membership fees, with birds that you don't have to kick out of a crate or step on to get them up. You won't be disappointed I've hunted with them for four years now and they keep getting better every year. The kids will have a ball! Plenty of fields to hunt excellent managed habitat.

Phone (810) 679-3744 or (888)-697-1151 Karl, Darlene & Steve are the operators.

3225 Beach Road Croswell, Michigan 48422

www.Greatlakes.net/~kds
Email [email protected]
SWEET

We should get a group together

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have been doing the Pheasant Hunt on Peelee Island for quite a few years now and I always have fun on that trip. You can go their website and check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts