Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is just on the OUTSIDE! I am freezing!! Snowmaker has been lolly gaggin' about wanting to put up Christmas lights outside. Today I decided to do them myself, went out to buy everything and he was waiting to do them when I got home.

It only took us two hours. They go ALL the way around the house, up on one peak and around our bay. I also have three lighted wreaths one on the front door and one over each light on the outside of the garage. I also have a mini tree with lights on it sitting on the porch.

All that complete with the lighted candles in the window it looks VERY Christmasy!

All lights are clear of course, my favorite!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I will be driving by tonight to inspect!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K!

Anyone else out there decorate the outside of their house? How many lights do you struggle with?

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Congratz. Ill be setting up all of ours as soon as the bugers get back from the movies.

Patti is doing the Girl Scout thing right now at STAR!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
If I knew where more peeps live, I would take a night and go take pictures of everone's house!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Holy Shnikies, I havnt had a beer since Tuesday!!!! Ill be drinking some very shortly. I have to have a couple while the kids help me set up decorations. They get so excited and often fight and cry over stupid things. I find that if I have a couple the experience is so much more enjoyable.

The rafters of my garage have 27 diffrent 30 - 36 inch tall plastic glowing christmas figurines. You know the old school ones, Plus 16 giant light up 27 inch tacll candy canes. Some ungodly number of X-mas lights. The waving Santa, the sleigh and all the rain deer for the roof.

Ill post a picture later on around2 or 3 AM when Im done.

Plus 2 trees.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's alot of bright lights!

Yes, please post pics!

P.S. It is getting cold outside!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sounds great guys. Get them pics CBJ
I run 3 sets of C-9 on the front of the houses. 2 trees on one side (C-9 in one and twinkles in the other). 13 shrubs (3 are real small) with twinkles, an angel on one side of the garage door, a snowman on the other side, 2 candles on the porch, a christmas tree underneath a bedroom window, a homemade star on each side of the window, I decorated the basketball pole, a wreath on the front door and one hanging fom the garage, and have 3 wisemen in the yard. I will try and post a picture later. I have more lawn decorations I would like to add, but the only place left is the roof. Not sure if I want to do that. My favorites are the shrubs. I do it the hard way too, do not use nets (though it looks like it). I guess I feel better using individual strands, it gives me more Christmas spirit. Anyone ever have any luck with C-7 bulbs? I quite using them on my tree this year. I have purchased probably 10 diferent kinds, and they all suck!!!
Quickly burn out.
I have no trouble with the C-9 bulbs. Just wondering. I love Christmas lights. Lot of work, but well worth it. I like to drive around and look at them too. Happy lighting

·
Registered
765 Posts
We have a Santa on the lawn and some decorations in the front windows and that's it!!! <_< Of course we have a 10 foot tree in our front room.

All of our outside lights from years past have taken a poop on us and I refuse to spend any more $$ on lights. All the good decorations have been sold out by now or they want to charge you and arm and a leg for them.

I'll wait till after Christmas and see if anything good goes on sale for next year

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
If anyone is in or around Grosse Pointe, take Vernier road to lakeshore, go right... About 1/2 mile down on your right hand side, you will see the ultimate X-mas house... HUGE, and I cannot stress HUGE enough, Cinammon colored lighted trees, white lighted trees and shrubs, white lit house, and these 3 or 4 ungodly huge guardian angels on the roof of this multi million dollar house with trumpets! It really is unfathomable how much this person must have spent, and I'm pretty sure you could see his house from space...
Also, check out Art Van's crib between 8 and 9 mile on Jefferson..

'

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Just One More @ Dec 8 2003, 10:27 AM)I run 3 sets of C-9 on the front of the houses. Anyone ever have any luck with C-7 bulbs? I quite using them on my tree this year. I have purchased probably 10 diferent kinds, and they all suck!!!
Quickly burn out.
I have no trouble with the C-9 bulbs. Just wondering.
WOW! I thought WE put a lot out!

I did alternating sets of clear/colored C-9's along the roof edges. MAN, are those things BRIGHT, and do they ever draw the POWER!!

Put a lighted 6' NORTH POLE sign at the mailbox.

Lights on the bushes.

Animated Santa w/Reindeer and feeding deer on the roof.

Animated HAPPY HOLIDAYS by the front door, along with a Tube Lighted Bells w/Holly.

Tube Lighted Snowflakes, Xmas tree, etc. . . in the windows.

Lighted Garland around the back deck.

Oh yeah, and did I mention the 2,000 lights on the Christmas Tree!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
That house with the Angels on it is unbelieveable!! Definitely larger than lifeand most spectacular

There's some good streets N. and S. of 12 mile just west of Harper too.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 7 2003, 04:57 PM)K!

Anyone else out there decorate the outside of their house? How many lights do you struggle with?
I always decorate the outside of our house, I have so much fun. I am not done yet decorating yet but will be this week. I usually put out about 20 -30 strands of lights with my motion reindeer, big light up toy soldier, icicle lights, light up candy canes, wreath, ornaments for the outside trees with bows and my big blow up snowman. I have one of those projectors too, but I don't know if I am going to put it out this year.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Dec 8 2003, 11:35 AM)We have a Santa on the lawn and some decorations in the front windows and that's it!!!
Of course we have a 10 foot tree in our front room.

All of our outside lights from years past have taken a poop on us and I refuse to spend any more $$ on lights. All the good decorations have been sold out by now or they want to charge you and arm and a leg for them.

I'll wait till after Christmas and see if anything good goes on sale for next year

Debbie Michaels has a 100 count strand of lights for $2.00. They are GE Constant On, which means if one light goes out the rest don't! They have some clear left and tons of colored. I bought 8 boxes of those, which are the ones that go all the way around the house, so if you just want to do the front it is only 4 boxes at $2.00 each!

Also, Target has tons of the Gutter/Shingle light clips. Very easy to use.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(waxonwaxoff @ Dec 8 2003, 01:10 PM)If anyone is in or around Grosse Pointe, take Vernier road to lakeshore, go right... About 1/2 mile down on your right hand side, you will see the ultimate X-mas house... HUGE, and I cannot stress HUGE enough, Cinammon colored lighted trees, white lighted trees and shrubs, white lit house, and these 3 or 4 ungodly huge guardian angels on the roof of this multi million dollar house with trumpets! It really is unfathomable how much this person must have spent, and I'm pretty sure you could see his house from space...
Also, check out Art Van's crib between 8 and 9 mile on Jefferson..

'
I know the house. It is very

Art Van's is nice too, the only reason I can find it is because of the lights, the house is hidden, that and I know it is kitty korner from my Aunts house. I like the clear lights on the one south of Vernier myself.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I put up 27 sets of 100 lights on the shrubs and trees, put a really nice wreath on the door and 2 plain wreaths with bows, one on each side of the garage. My husband refused to put them on the house, too high he said...WHATEVER!!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I agree, Art Van's looks classy... The other one just kind of KICKS YOU IN THE PANTS AND SCREAMS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! And a funny fact is the person who lives directly next store to him is Jewish, and says he has to leave for the entire month of December to put up with it...
Actually, if you want to go look at X-Mas decorations, Lakeshore is a good place to do it..

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(waxonwaxoff @ Dec 8 2003, 04:08 PM)I agree, Art Van's looks classy... The other one just kind of KICKS YOU IN THE PANTS AND SCREAMS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! And a funny fact is the person who lives directly next store to him is Jewish, and says he has to leave for the entire month of December to put up with it...
Actually, if you want to go look at X-Mas decorations, Lakeshore is a good place to do it..
Yup! Yup! Then on to Shores Inn for beer and burgers! Yum!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Dec 8 2003, 03:38 PM)QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Dec 8 2003, 11:35 AM) We have a Santa on the lawn and some decorations in the front windows and that's it!!!
Of course we have a 10 foot tree in our front room.

Debbie Michaels has a 100 count strand of lights for $2.00. They are GE Constant On, which means if one light goes out the rest don't! They have some clear left and tons of colored. I bought 8 boxes of those, which are the ones that go all the way around the house, so if you just want to do the front it is only 4 boxes at $2.00 each!

Also, Target has tons of the Gutter/Shingle light clips. Very easy to use.
Must of it is due to my Ba humbugedness

We use these awesome clip we bought from Weigans!!! We bought our lights from there too (the new sets) They do not carry the ones we need to match...

Just not to thrilled with Christmas right now.

Just announced another 10% reduction BY April

1 - 20 of 24 Posts