Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts

Wheel Vehicle Tire Aircraft Sky

This apparent disaster-waiting-to-happen is on the Island of St. Maarten. The airport has a particularly short runway that ends just 40 feet from beach, leaving large planes just barely enough room to land.

Sky Plant Tree Wood Leisure

Huge Table set or tiny bike?

Plant Wood Automotive tire Road surface Trunk

We were hoping that was just a tiny trash can but, no, it's a coconut crab, which is the biggest arthropod that lives on land.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

This is Wendy, a whippet with a genetic disorder causing ridiculous muscular growth.

Bicycle Wheel Flooring Floor Asphalt

You would think its floating right?

Yellow Road surface Wood Grey Asphalt

Plant Tree Sky Woody plant Building

At first sight, this appears to be a home improvement project that accidentally tapped into Stephen Hawkings' most abstract theories on space and time. But then you notice that the kid who is right next to the portal to another dimension isn't disintegrating into millions of pieces, or even looking up from his goddamn cellphone.

The Inversion House is an art project

digg.com

ya digg??

Attachments

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
The plane is def real - been there.

The rest I'm too lazy to Snopes right now!!!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Not sure you would enjoy eating that one, but I am willing to try anything once.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
I've seen many videos of the planes landing at St Maartin... I'm surprised they don't close that road between the beach and the runway as planes approach, like a railroad crossing.

I looked up the coconut crabs.. pretty cool things, although I don't think I'd want to actually run into one. The only one I'd question now is the dog... looks *very* weird, but I wouldn't doubt it was true too.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I love the "down" sign. Reminds me of the bathroom in the hard rock cafe in Munich. We were at the Hofbrauhaus and since I was with a school trip, some friends and I skipped out to find another bar so that we could have more than the 1 beer we were allowed. Right across the street was the hard rock cafe, and we went in there to use the john. Walked in already a bit tipsy and about fell over when I saw the tile. All black and white checkered tile, set at about a 15° angle from the floor / ceiling. About knocks you over when you walk in, if you're not sotally tober.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.