Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 23rd 4th and 5th.... Anyone heading down?... or is that the place to avoid that weekend?
Either way, were heading down Wednesday evening the 22nd hope to see some peeps.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just got back this past weekend....I dont think I ever want to go back......way too much partying. But none the less a great time.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
I went about 4 years ago. I liken it to taking the boat to the fireworks downtown, something you have to do once - but thats enough!!!

Crazy amount of people down there!!

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Mark, 82 miles from Clinton River. 2-3 hour trip depending on speed. Very fun trip.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
X-Mas in July is "off the hook". People start getting there on Tuesday and party really hard. Round the clock drinking on the public docks. People falling in the water, beached boats on the rocks near the wall, crazy! The ONLY issue I had was battle of the stereos all day and night on the docks. Love loud music, but when you got 20 different songs being played at peak levels all the time. It got a little annoying. Other than that, a great time. Not sure I will ever go during X-Mas in July, but I love PIB.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Went last year... had a good time - bad Wind on Saturday night put a damper on things... Make sure that if you go, dock inside, not on the Outside wall if you're on the public dock.

We should be there again this year - We stay at Fox's Dock... Just got back last week from PIB with the Kids. Now it's adult time.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
QUOTE(BobbyLew22 @ Jul 16 2009, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just got back this past weekend....I dont think I ever want to go back......way too much partying. But none the less a great time.

I agree, way to much partying for me. My liver still has not recovered. LOL!
I have had enough of PIB to last me a few years. Hope you all fun!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not going to X-Mas in July - but leaving TOMORROW for the weekend getaway 3 nights 4 days! Can't wait - although the weather doesn't look too great - it will be free of rain and thunderstorms in the bars!

Counting down the hours!!! T - minus 18 hours!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ Jul 16 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BobbyLew22 @ Jul 16 2009, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just got back this past weekend....I dont think I ever want to go back......way too much partying. But none the less a great time.

I agree, way to much partying for me. My liver still has not recovered. LOL!
I have had enough of PIB to last me a few years. Hope you all fun!

Yes last week end was quite a party, infact I didnt remember around half of it... Until I looked through the camera...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts