Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Alright after many questions I finally took a bunch of pics. I was goning to wait until I had everything hooked up but....

So here they are.

Window Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Naval architecture Aviation

Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Machine Vehicle door

Window Hood Vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive carrying rack

Watercraft Boat Naval architecture Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Looks great man! You've added to it since I was in it last. I like the seat up front and the fancy bird on the dash! New rod holders, etc. Lots of goodies fo sho.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It came with a T-top and I removed it and replaced it with a bimini for the wife.
I added lots of stuff to it.
-The trolling motor 101# terrova had to get 2 more batteries for it
-The kicker. I bought it for the old boat so i swapped them I sold the 8hp kicker with the other boat
-Both fish finders, a humminbird 997c SI NVB and a matrix 12 for the bow
-The adj cannon rod holders and the "storage" rod holders (I'm gonna move those)
-The downriggers came with the old boat so I kept'em and as you see set'em up on the ends of the gunnels
-Under the console I added the auto battery charger and network box for the humminbirds
-New pump for the washdown, fixed the bilge pump, new live well pump
-The removable seat up front. Oh I love that thing!! It makes life so much easier.

The lowrance that came with the boat died so I picked up a matrix 12 that I really like. One thing I noticed is that when hooked up to the sonar unit on the trolling motor the lowrance would crap out from time to time. I've run the humminbird through it without a problem. It's nice to have reliable data especially when you're in really shallow water.
I'm hoping I can find a planer board mast that will fit in that mount, or at least an adapter. Assuming the wife will allow me to get a planer board mast. I know she'll read this and I hope that she'll understand that this is great for walleye's, her beloved fish!
Behind the rod holder in the port side of the boat I added a wire runner. Thank you esoxfly for that tip! It made life SO much easier when running the network cable for the FF up front.

I still need to finish running the wires for the charger and the downriggers.

The livewell is more of a baitwell it's maybe 20" across & 10" deep. I would love to make it bigger but I dont think it's possible. Currently I just use it for storage.

I'm also trying to find a short cooler that I can use for the seat. I want to make a storage area under it for a couple of tackle boxes instead of setting them in front of the motor.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Sweet Boat

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You now have a great boat for Wheatley Steelhead and walleye action. If you get a Canadian Lisc and want to try that out let me know. I have all the tackle needed.

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE(heimskr)I'm hoping I can find a planer board mast that will fit in that mount, or at least an adapter. Assuming the wife will allow me to get a planer board mast. I know she'll read this and I hope that she'll understand that this is great for walleye's, her beloved fish!

And the wife did let him get a planer thingie for trollin or whatever they are for. It isnt pretty so I didn't pay attention I had shiney things in my hand. He lured me to the big fishing place over in Dundee MI with false pretenses of just buying more lures. He then got me distracted and excited with new lures and sprung it on me when I was most vulnerable .......
I see his trickery more clearly now!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Tami @ Jul 18 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr)I'm hoping I can find a planer board mast that will fit in that mount, or at least an adapter. Assuming the wife will allow me to get a planer board mast. I know she'll read this and I hope that she'll understand that this is great for walleye's, her beloved fish!

And the wife did let him get a planer thingie for trollin or whatever they are for. It isnt pretty so I didn't pay attention I had shiney things in my hand. He lured me to the big fishing place over in Dundee MI with false pretenses of just buying more lures. He then got me distracted and excited with new lures and sprung it on me when I was most vulnerable .......

LOL and we say women are devious. We too can become devious when we need to be. it will help you in the fishing.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Tami @ Jul 18 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr)I'm hoping I can find a planer board mast that will fit in that mount, or at least an adapter. Assuming the wife will allow me to get a planer board mast. I know she'll read this and I hope that she'll understand that this is great for walleye's, her beloved fish!

Remember it, and don't forget to practice it in reverse when it will benefit you

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jul 19 2009, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tami @ Jul 18 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr)I'm hoping I can find a planer board mast that will fit in that mount, or at least an adapter. Assuming the wife will allow me to get a planer board mast. I know she'll read this and I hope that she'll understand that this is great for walleye's, her beloved fish!

LOL and we say women are devious. We too can become devious when we need to be. it will help you in the fishing.

Tooo Right!!! She' done it a million times and I finally turned the tables.

Funny part is she's gonna end up loving this thing. Might even put it to use today if the weather holds

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 19 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Tami @ Jul 18 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(heimskr)I'm hoping I can find a planer board mast that will fit in that mount, or at least an adapter. Assuming the wife will allow me to get a planer board mast. I know she'll read this and I hope that she'll understand that this is great for walleye's, her beloved fish!

Remember it, and don't forget to practice it in reverse when it will benefit you

LOL! I did, I did

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts

HA!! I do that with duck hunting and my wife, and she hints with me too, but that doesnt work for decoys any more
Cabella's rules!!!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jul 19 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>HA!! I do that with duck hunting and my wife, and she hints with me too, but that doesnt work for decoys any more
Cabella's rules!!!!!
I thought Cabella's was very nice inside and big. I found Bass pros cheaper on most of the stuff I bought. Jason said he could get big honkin lures there that bass pro didn't have. I also like the free rewards and the 30-45 min drive to bass pro than paid memberships and an 1hr and a half drive.
We did get a few good clearance items cheap. I bought like 10 spinner baits for .25 each. We found a decent light weight spinner real for like 2.50. Granted it looked like it was used but for 2.50 if we use it once and breaks we cannot complain. Plus some other stuff. We ran out of time (thank goodness) and didn't even get to hit their clearance items all on their sidewalks. The voice of reason came over their speaker and told us to get out they are closing LOL. Time flies when you are ogling over everything. Needing to smoke after a bit normally gets me out of a store but having an electronic cig that I can smoke anywhere might prove to be dangerous.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was wondering if you were there. I glanced around for your truck but didn't see it fight off hand.

So how did you do?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.