Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Beautiful pics, Julie. You look great, too! ~Maybe these great photo's will convince someone I know to go down with me one year.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I love Mexico! The first time we went, we stayed in Playa Del Carmen (Mexican Riviera south of Cancun) at the Continental Plaza. It was a rather new place back then and there were about 3 hotels in the area. We went back to the mainland last year and I couldn't believe the growth. Little old Playa Del Carmen grew up to be a mini Cancun! It's been a few years now since we've been to Cozumel (great for diving, btw). I'm kind of afraid to go back. It may have grown up on me too.

Looking at those pictures though.... I can hear the island calling.... Margaritas, cervesas, churros.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ May 3 2004, 06:21 AM)Beautiful pics, Julie. You look great, too! ~Maybe these great photo's will convince someone I know to go down with me one year.
Yeah my other half has been wanting to go too. Maybey ill just get her a few palm trees and that will be good enough .

·
Registered
713 Posts
Wonderful Pics Julie

Scott and I went to Playa Decarmen 3 years ago and stayed at the RIU properties all inclusive I love it there

glad you had a great time :)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks everyone!

we had a spectacular time! the only problem...3 days wasn't long enough. i'm planning on going back for 4 days (still not long enough) in December.

my suggestion for people who visit the area...cancun is like being in orlando. i don't care for the atmosphere of cancun...too busy, too many people, to americanized.

my favorite place is isla mujures which has a very similiar atmosphere as playa del carmen.

this was the frist time i stayed at an all-inclusive. it was perfect!

i've been to mexico several times, so i wasn't interested in sight-seeing. my suggestion is if you've had your share of sight-seeing on previous trips, stay in the area known as the riveria maya and get an all-inclusive and drink all day and all night...get every penny worth.

otherwise, if one is insterested in sight-seeing, an all inclusive may not be so good since you'll be gone all day.

cancun can have an exciting night-life with all the discos, bars, etc. the place where i stayed was on the quiet side, but like anything else, it is what you make of it. getting up at 8 AM and drinking all day, i didn't stay up very late.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Nice Julie.... were you in the Myan Riveria di you say?

Tom and I stayed at the Barceola Maya Beach Resort... you hotel sounds familiar also.. must be in the area...
Cant beat the white sand beaches...ay?

Beeee-utiful pics!!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Great pics Julie!!!! Gotta love the white beaches.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(manana-II @ May 3 2004, 02:08 PM)Nice Julie.... were you in the Myan Riveria di you say?

Tom and I stayed at the Barceola Maya Beach Resort... you hotel sounds familiar also.. must be in the area...
Cant beat the white sand beaches...ay?

Beeee-utiful pics!!
Our place was just a within minutes of barceola. the name of the resort i stayed in is called Club Maeva Tulum (formerly known as the Robinson Club).

the resort has 300 rooms which is small compared to some of the surrounding resorts. the grounds were kept up and beautiful, we had the best beach (much larger than the other resorts), and the choice of food was above-average. the club is rated a 3+ / 4 star resort.

PS: i just wish my foot wasn't in the first picture...other than those pretty, painted toe nails, it's a postcard-perfect picture.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts