Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks similar to the pictures I took over on Spindrift (Spindrift 157). Talked to the MacRay Folks at the boat show. On some docks the welds were intentionally split to prevent further damage. They have a plan…

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Try walking up that! I know a couple years ago they were pretty bad but since the water has come up. We were wrapping the poles at Beacon yesterday and the water was WAY low. Was making a joke that all of the sudden the ice jam is gonna free and were gonna start floating up! I sure hope the water comes back!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Took a ride on sat. to look at the boat. The water level is down over 3 ft. I didnt realize my camera phone is so crappy but i did take some pics. Also look at the new house on the barge on north river road. They probably didnt expect to do business out of a house sitting at a 30 degree angle.lol I seriously need a harness attached to a rope to get in my boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
QUOTE(Rumrunnercjb @ Feb 14 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks similar to the pictures I took over on Spindrift (Spindrift 157). Talked to the MacRay Folks at the boat show. On some docks the welds were intentionally split to prevent further damage. They have a plan&#8230;

Yep, Brian and I are on Spindrift and we heard from a friend of ours at the Bistro about the docks. Took a little drive by and we couldn't believe it. Yikes, 2 months before launch day.

We talked to the MacRays peeps as well yesterday at the boat show and they are confident all should be handled by then....I love MacRays, I have no doubt they will take care of the issue!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ Feb 15 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Rumrunnercjb @ Feb 14 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks similar to the pictures I took over on Spindrift (Spindrift 157). Talked to the MacRay Folks at the boat show. On some docks the welds were intentionally split to prevent further damage. They have a plan&#8230;

Yep, Brian and I are on Spindrift and we heard from a friend of ours at the Bistro about the docks. Took a little drive by and we couldn't believe it. Yikes, 2 months before launch day.

We talked to the MacRays peeps as well yesterday at the boat show and they are confident all should be handled by then....I love MacRays, I have no doubt they will take care of the issue!

Dawn, You should recognize the area, it's 2 away from you. This is Jerry, Kelly and Gavin.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Damn when I think of how high the docks in the condo wells were at Mac Ray in the summer I can't imagine it now! Honestly a harness probably aint no joke!

·
12,052 Posts
they have been doing that since the marina was built. Ice breaks the weld on the hinges. Been fixed every year since.... no big deal

·
Registered
512 Posts
Every year the ice takes out a "few", but this year is unprecedented with the number of docks needing repair. But they've already started working on getting them back in shape. It's the water level that scares me a bit. Inside Building 1 I've got about a tad over 3 feet water. We're "ok", but I'm sure my neighbors' 61 Viking is sitting in mud. Brian and crew are great at monitoring the levels and adjust the lines for inside boats when needed (thanks!).

Vehicle Boat Motor vehicle Naval architecture Watercraft

Attachments

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
QUOTE(sidelite @ Feb 15 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Every year the ice takes out a "few", but this year is unprecedented with the number of docks needing repair. But they've already started working on getting them back in shape. It's the water level that scares me a bit. Inside Building 1 I've got about a tad over 3 feet water. We're "ok", but I'm sure my neighbors' 61 Viking is sitting in mud. Brian and crew are great at monitoring the levels and adjust the lines for inside boats when needed (thanks!).

View attachment 72276

Whos already wheeling their boat out???

·
Registered
610 Posts
QUOTE(sidelite @ Feb 15 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Every year the ice takes out a "few", but this year is unprecedented with the number of docks needing repair. But they've already started working on getting them back in shape. It's the water level that scares me a bit. Inside Building 1 I've got about a tad over 3 feet water. We're "ok", but I'm sure my neighbors' 61 Viking is sitting in mud. Brian and crew are great at monitoring the levels and adjust the lines for inside boats when needed (thanks!).

View attachment 72276

My boat is tiny compared to all the boats in there, but i backed in so my outdrive is in the mud. In the middle there is aprox. 3-4 feet but at the garage exit it is prob. only less than 2 ft. both panels are exposed. A rope is holding the panels up. Mine actually did bust out. MacRays is defiantly on it though. They really are professionals when it comes to this.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.