Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a pair of drive showers last weekend for my Bravo 3X drives. After doing hours of research, I would recommend to all LSC peeps to considering adding these showers to reduce potential drive problems associated with excess heat. Installation took about 25 minutes.

Send me a PM if your interested in installing and prices.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Simrek makes the best ones. I have the same one on my boat. Well worth the price. Very easy to install. Put mine on in 10 minutes. This is a must for any outrive.

Check out their website

www.driveshowers.com

G

·
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Apr 2 2004, 07:37 AM)Simrek makes the best ones. I have the same one on my boat. Well worth the price. Very easy to install. Put mine on in 10 minutes. This is a must for any outrive.

Check out their website

www.driveshowers.com
Especially the Bravo 3's because they are the hottest running drives.
I installed the Simrek on my Bravo One last year and now I don't get that chaulky film on the top of my outdrive. You can see the chaulky film on MoosNuckles drives in pic #3. Good choice, Moose.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
ok iam looking at them where do you hook it in to for water supply? how much?? have a volvo duo prop wonder if i need them ?

G

·
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Apr 2 2004, 10:22 AM)ok iam looking at them where do you hook it in to for water supply? how much?? have a volvo duo prop wonder if i need them ?
There are water pickups at the ends that go thru the anti-cavitation plate (you can see them in the first 2 pics.) They pick up the water there by the prop and it's forced up through the shower and sprays the upper, which is out of the water when running on plane. A drive shower really is cheap insurance since the biggest enemy of outdrives is heat. Well, rocks are bad too.

I haven't seen any advertised for Volvo drives. Maybe they have better cooling built into the drive or aftermarket suppliers just concentrate on Merc because of their market share.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Apr 1 2004, 09:06 PM)Installation took about 25 minutes.
that didn't take long at all. Guess I should have given you my number so you could have called me and said you were done. Would have saved me the trip, and search for you.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Apr 2 2004, 12:08 PM)QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Apr 2 2004, 10:22 AM) ok iam looking at them where do you hook it in to for water supply? how much?? have a volvo duo prop wonder if i need them ?
There are water pickups at the ends that go thru the anti-cavitation plate (you can see them in the first 2 pics.) They pick up the water there by the prop and it's forced up through the shower and sprays the upper, which is out of the water when running on plane. A drive shower really is cheap insurance since the biggest enemy of outdrives is heat. Well, rocks are bad too.

I haven't seen any advertised for Volvo drives. Maybe they have better cooling built into the drive or aftermarket suppliers just concentrate on Merc because of their market share.
I am pretty sure Simrek states that they make them for all drives.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
All,

Yes, I bought mine from Simrek.

I talked to the owner this week and I can get a group buy together for all those interested.

For a little extra money, I would go with the Halo Drive which is what I bought.

Please let me Know if your interested by April 11th and I'll place an order.

25+ orders

Cost $90 each shower which includes your shipping cost. You can pick them up from me. This is a savings of about $50 per shower if you order individually.

G

·
I'd be all over this if I needed them. I put the summit showers on the last boat but have Innovation Marine Hydro-cool showers on the current one. I got the summit ones through a group buy on OSO 3 years ago and they were more than what you can get them for today. That's a great price for a nice drive shower.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am interested although I would like to get one quickly.

I have a brand new BravoIX and would like the Halo model.

Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts