Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught this beauty on the clinton river mid monday morning. Got her on my first cast right after I caught the 24". Tuesday I missed one that looked to be 30"+. It tried to hit seconds after I gave my bait a twitch.

Crocodile Alligator Hunting Snow Crocodilia

Water Water resources People in nature Wood Natural landscape

Attachments

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(iggy @ Mar 10 2010, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice fish! Did you get them in Dodge Park?

Sure did. So far I've left with 4 out of 7 caught since Friday. Should have caught twice as many pike but alot of strikes were misses. Still pretty exciting seeing them come out of thier hole.

·
Registered
327 Posts
QUOTE(ice fishing newb @ Mar 10 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(iggy @ Mar 10 2010, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice fish! Did you get them in Dodge Park?

Sure did. So far I've left with 4 out of 7 caught since Friday. Should have caught twice as many pike but alot of strikes were misses. Still pretty exciting seeing them come out of thier hole.

What are you using??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dodge park can easily get fished out... theres only so many holes that holds the fish and the rest of the river to too shallow or the current is to quick to successfully use a rapala or spinner to catch a pike. unless u know where the few honey holes are at youll catch nothin but a hole in your wallet with all the snags and lures in trees youll lose if u dont know what your doing

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Pike Stalker,

You described my trip out there Tuesday to a "T".. I lost more lures and hooks and sinkers there than I did all last season in just one day!! First time I fished there, so I agree with you 100% about you need to know where the holes are and you need to know what you are doing. LOL

IGGY

·
Vendor
608 Posts
QUOTE(ice fishing newb @ Mar 10 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(iggy @ Mar 10 2010, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice fish! Did you get them in Dodge Park?

try using a 1\2 oz silver rattle trap caught some hogs out there monday with them

·
Registered
102 Posts
QUOTE(iggy @ Mar 11 2010, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pike Stalker,

You described my trip out there Tuesday to a "T".. I lost more lures and hooks and sinkers there than I did all last season in just one day!! First time I fished there, so I agree with you 100% about you need to know where the holes are and you need to know what you are doing. LOL

IGGY
lol, yeah river fishing can get real expensive

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive been using a 4 1/2 long a bomber or a 5 1/2 rapala husky jerk. Both dont dive deep so I dont snag up as much. I have been able to draw them out of their hole though. While using the bomber I've had alot of surface strikes which is awsome to see. First time I've seen a fish hit the surface to strike a bait now I'm hooked.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
A weedless Daredevle, Johnson Silver Minnow, or Texas rigged plastic swimbait could be worth a shot. Very hard to lose those, and they can get down without getting hung.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice to meet you out there this week "ice fishing newb". I had fun watching you trying to retrieve your buddys snag, took a fall, got your hand wet, thank god you didn't have to swim too far!!

Nice save on the lure though it was his favorite!

Good luck out there!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No problem. Next time I'll have to bring my waders so It'll be easier to get to. I was out saturday briefly during the rain and that was the first day I didnt catch a pike or have a hit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.