Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of heading up to the Sni or Middle Channel this weekend and going for some pike by the reeds. What’s a good bait to throw at them this time of year?

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Seeing i've caught thousands of Pike, most of them were on the #5 Mepps silver aglia. Worlds # 1 lure. You need min. 8lb. good line but 10lb. line is a safe toss to most. Using lighter line you just back off a bit. Using a steel leader 6inch's would be advise, them toothy critters are tough on lures and line. The mepps is good because of the sonic sound it create's in the water drive's fish nuts kinda like someone going up and down your sidewalk zinging a chain saw sooner or later you go out there and well I'll leave that up to you.

Use white spinner and mepps and you'll clean up on fish you chuck to.

h2o<---Mepp's # 5 Silver Aglia plain no bucktail. Fantastic lure.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. I just want something big and mean to wrestle with until Muskie season opens. Walleyes may be good eating, but they’re not much fun.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
H2o When are we going fishing for Pike????? The rules you can only use that #5 Mepps I can use what I want to.. The prize Chile and Burger at the Raft. We will try to get Camara Guy to tape it. Wanna bet????

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Count me in Bob awesome. I like that. It would be just a darn right honor to be in a boat with you. Let's do it. I feel like team USA going up against the Russians.

h2o<--says Let me know what's best for you.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Jefff: The Mepps are good so are silver and blue Cleos and Red eyes always work. The white spinner baits that East Coast mentioned will work. Bo b

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
All good choices. The only thing I would add the the arsenal would be a big firetiger husky jerk. Especially with the cold water temps.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I just got invited out for Sunday and we are going after 20 pound Pike Jefff follow us. H2o we will get together soon after the next cold front Monday night is over if possible. I'm booked Tuesday but I'm trying to get ahold of the fellows to wait for a few days.. The fun begins. H2o I wonder how many Pike I have caught never gave it a thought. Bob

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I remember one time at Walpole on the Res. two of us caught almost 300 Pike one long day on top of dozens of Smallies and we also had a couple of big Muskie come up and give our lures (Red Eyes) a quick look see and then leave. See Ya on the Water. Bob

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where will you be on Sunday, Bob? I’ll follow!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Best bait.....any jerk bait with a white or pearl body and a red head.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Pike will clobber anything. Sucker minnows on a quick-strike-rig with a big bobber works, There's the Bomber,Rapala, they smash anything. Pike are very curious creature's.

h2o<---Esox's fight good to, they are known to break water.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Jefff we will more than likely put in at the Selfridge ramp Sunday mornong sometime to be determined today will let you know.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let me know before you go!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts