Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 3 year old son out today for his first ice fishing trip. I thought we would try a little Bluegill fishing and do some Pike spearing. We fished a canal north of Metro Beach in 5 feet of clear water. We could see the Bluegills down there but only got a few small ones to bite. The Pike were very active today,we had 8 come into the hole. We threw at the 2 largest ones and got them. One went 29" and the other was 27".
Noah wants to go again tomorrow, How cool is that.

Thanks to Doug at Anglers point for scooping out the lucky Pike decoy(12" sucker).

Smile Water Outdoor recreation Fish Fisherman

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jan 13 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I took my 3 year old son out today for his first ice fishing trip. I thought we would try a little Bluegill fishing and do some Pike spearing. We fished a canal north of Metro Beach in 5 feet of clear water. We could see the Bluegills down there but only got a few small ones to bite. The Pike were very active today,we had 8 come into the hole. We threw at the 2 largest ones and got them. One went 29" and the other was 27".

Thanks to Doug at Anglers point for scooping out the lucky Pike decoy(12" sucker).

View attachment 70894
I wish my first fishing trip was that great,I think you got a fishing bud for life.

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jan 13 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I took my 3 year old son out today for his first ice fishing trip. I thought we would try a little Bluegill fishing and do some Pike spearing. We fished a canal north of Metro Beach in 5 feet of clear water. We could see the Bluegills down there but only got a few small ones to bite. The Pike were very active today,we had 8 come into the hole. We threw at the 2 largest ones and got them. One went 29" and the other was 27".

View attachment 70894
I wish my first fishing trip was that great,I think you got a fishing bud for life.

·
Registered
242 Posts

View attachment 70894

I wish my first fishing trip was so great , I think you have a fishing bud for life.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Its always great to catch some fish when involving young kids. It seems to help keep them interested.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Nice job out there tek and nice report. that is a memory you and him will remember forever.

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jan 13 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I took my 3 year old son out today for his first ice fishing trip. I thought we would try a little Bluegill fishing and do some Pike spearing. We fished a canal north of Metro Beach in 5 feet of clear water. We could see the Bluegills down there but only got a few small ones to bite. The Pike were very active today,we had 8 come into the hole. We threw at the 2 largest ones and got them. One went 29" and the other was 27".

View attachment 70894

im glad to see someone getting pike out of there i have seen some big ones there i fished there all last week and the water was not all cleared up yet the only thing you could see was your bait and pike swimming threw even had a cat fish swim up to the hole i mite be going there tomorrow was there to day but just sat on a bucket for a few i seen that pike out side your shanty i was wondering how big it was

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the great replies. I forgot to mention while we were staring down the hole at the decoy, we had a muskrat come up the hole and scare the crap out of us.

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jan 13 2010, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for all the great replies. I forgot to mention while we were staring down the hole at the decoy, we had a muskrat come up the hole and scare the crap out of us.

i had the same thing happen to me last year
i know what your talking about i put my feet over the hole so he didn't get in my shanty lol

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Great job, Dad. That`s a memory he`ll never forget. Great pic too. That one is frameable.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.