Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going in a few kinda a late post but i would like to troll for pike does anyone no what speeds to go at plan on using spoons

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
id start around 2.0 - 2.5 for pike usually a good speed range, id also try small to medium body baits. if spoons rising up too much slow down a touch or add inline weight

·
Registered
209 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Jul 2 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>going in a few kinda a late post but i would like to troll for pike does anyone no what speeds to go at plan on using spoons
what lake i was just up there in beginning of june

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Yeah, spoons will definitely stay high when trolled, so you would need to slow down and/or add weight to keep them down at all. Sometimes pike will hit right near the surface, but not always. Usually I've gotten 'em a bit below the surface, but not real deep in the conditions you're likely to have.

I've had my best action for pike in the 30ish inch and better class on 5-8 inch minnow baits, body baits and swimbaits (that run well at the given speed) at speeds depending upon water temperature, which has typically been about 3.5 mph or more for surface temps in the mid 60s to low 70s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts