Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pike fishing on lakeville is on fire. went out sunday for a couple hrs and caught 10 pike. my bro caught 10 also. average size of 26 to 29 inches. 1 nice 31 incher. I ONLY CATCH AND RELEASE. need to preserve good fishing for future. had 2 leave early. gonna try again this weekend. lake gets pretty busy so get out early. try drop offs. spinners in 10 to 20 ft of water. trolling. red and white colors. also 1 guy caught a 26 inch eye! had a blast. also caught a nice 12 inch perch and a bunch of nice bass. looking for a good time try pike fishing on lakeville. if u do it right its non stop action!!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 1 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice report i love pike fishing on lakeville not to many ppl know about the eyes there

thanks.. they started stocking eyes in like 2000. looks like they are holding pretty good. maybe a good eye lake soon. i usually do real good on the pike. last yr me and my bro caught 41 pike in 1 day. about 6 hrs. set a personal record that day for the lake. 38 incher. ive seen a 42 incher there though. cant get pic of big pike to upload. heres some others....

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(sampson @ Jul 1 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>more pics from lakeville. sorry if pics are blury..

pics are bad. had to take pics of pics with phone and send them to email. but u get the gist!!!! GREAT FISHING...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 1 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>in 99 they stocked 15,000 3" walleye in 01 they stocked 1400 5" walleye they stocked it with pike alternating years with pike.Im not sure of recent stockings tho

HAVENT SEEN ANY SMALL EYES. NOT SURE IF THEY ARE REPRODUCING. LOCALS SAY THEY ARE. CAUGHT A 22 INCHER A FEW YRS AGO AND WAS IN SHOCK. MY BUDDY DIDNT BELIEVE THERE WERE EYES IN THERE. I PROVED HIM WRONG. THE BOAT RENTAL PLACE HAS PICS OF MONSTER CAUGHT ON THE WALL. SHE HAS A LOT OF MY PICS TOO. I HAVE BEEN MARKING FISH ON MY FINDER THAT I BELIEVE ARE EYES. IF SO THERE ARE QUITE A FEW IN THERE. GOING THIS WEEKEND. MAYBE I WILL TRY FOR A FEW INSTEAD OF PIKE!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(bassnbrian @ Jul 1 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is lakeville limited horsepower?

awesome fish by the way

i dont think so. lake gets busy later in the day. go early and you wont have a problem. shariff lives on lake and patrols later in day to keep everyone in check. he wont mess with fishermen though. its good during the week,. certain parts of the lake are usually good all day. skiers stay mostly in front part of lake. only 1 dock at launch. so give yourself time when u leave. usually a few min wait to get out. unless u rent a boat.... then bring a motor or trolling motor.

·
Registered
739 Posts
A few years ago my dad and I were at the very north end of the lake. My dad was fishing for bass with a spinnerbait when he hooked what he thought was a pike. It ended being about 26 inch walleye to our surprise, so I agree they definately do have some nice walleye in there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(gardeth81 @ Jul 1 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is lakeville near 32 and rochester?

yes. just north of there. rochester will run right into the lake. boat rental on right(skips). public launch if u go left. 1 dock. gets busy later in day. go early.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Good going, looks like you had lots of fun!

Bugger it's such a horrible drive from where I'm located...

·
Banned
187 Posts
QUOTE(sampson @ Jul 1 2009, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(gardeth81 @ Jul 1 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is lakeville near 32 and rochester?

yes. just north of there. rochester will run right into the lake. boat rental on right(skips). public launch if u go left. 1 dock. gets busy later in day. go early.

Where can you shore fish there? Thanks. Might just rent a boat.

·
Registered
437 Posts
No place to really shore fish. The entire shoreline is private property. Renting a boat is your best bet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts