Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else gonna be at the Knob tonight rocking out to Judas Priest and Whitesnake? Haven't seen either before and I'm looking forward to it. Should be good music and probably even better people watching.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Have fun!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I wish I was. I've never seen either.

Try not to get too wet.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I'll be in a hot tent all night for a dance rehearsal for the IC Perch fest this sat...

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
yeah good people watchings....some 35-40+ year old fat chicks trying to squeeze into her 20 yera old black spandex and leather jacket that dont fit no more. bleccch!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
That was the Poison concert last year at Freedom Hill. Looked like Halloween!

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Jul 15 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yeah good people watchings....some 35-40+ year old fat chicks trying to squeeze into her 20 yera old black spandex and leather jacket that dont fit no more. bleccch!

Ok I was already gay, but the visual I just had sealed the deal!!

Have fun Eric. Sounds like the concert is right up your alley (I know your love for music!)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Jul 15 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Jul 15 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yeah good people watchings....some 35-40+ year old fat chicks trying to squeeze into her 20 yera old black spandex and leather jacket that dont fit no more. bleccch!

Ok I was already gay, but the visual I just had sealed the deal!!

Have fun Eric. Sounds like the concert is right up your alley (I know your love for music!)

It would be up my alley too but I passed. Yes there some pretty awful sights at shows like that but not everyone looks like that, lol!

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
He sent me some pics on the cell phone last night. Looked to be a great time.

I remember seeing Judas Priest at Pine Knob before. It was the Invasion of Rock & Roll tour. Featuring Metal Church, Dangerous Toys, Motorhead, Judas Priest, and Alice Cooper. What a show that was. Gotta a high five from Lemmy (Motorhead) as he zoomed by me on a golf cart to do an interview with WRIF. It was spectacular. in later years when Rob Halford was with his band Fight, I met him briefly at a autograph signing. Chatted for a quick minute and got his autograph. What a cool dude.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
A friend of mine's exact words, "Judas Priest blew up Pine Knob again!!! Whitesnake not so much."

I like your avatar Sarge!!

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really good show. Whitesnake sounded phenomenal; Coverdale's still got some chops! We ended up getting upgraded to pavillion seats for Judas Priest.
They played the entire "British Steel" album plus a few other songs. The old guys can still rock! Towards the end of the show, Halford disappears and then comes out onto the stage riding a big ole motorcycle. Very cool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts