Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of catching me some females full of eggs this year and some males to fertilize them. Then raising them in a couple big aquariums until they can be moved to mine and my friends ponds. Then stocking them in a couple of non muskie lakes that I feel should be stocked. What a great idea. Maybe I won't but I would love to.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Are you serious? I mean really. The new levels. All I can say is do you like freedom and your money if not then go ahead cause if you get caught with them you will be in so much trouble financially and jail time wise you won't have to worry what lakes have what fish cause the only lakes you will see will be in the background of your friends pictures they send you while you are locked up.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
QUOTE(rustyman @ Feb 11 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm thinking of catching me some females full of eggs this year and some males to fertilize them. Then raising them in a couple big aquariums until they can be moved to mine and my friends ponds. Then stocking them in a couple of non muskie lakes that I feel should be stocked. What a great idea. Maybe I won't but I would love to.

I have one thing to say. VHS!!!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
You got a big enough aquarium?!?!? Seriously, leave it alone. Unless you were doing it for your own private pond, even then, I believe you can call DNR and I believe they will stock private ponds for a fee.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
QUOTE(rustyman @ Feb 11 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe I won't but I would love to.

Come on guys, he said he would like to. We've all thought about it at one time or another. He's not serious. Cool down.

·
Registered
526 Posts
If you have a private 5 acre lake/pond you could tell musky guys it is stocked with muskies and that there are (20) fish over 50". Charge them $20 a day and you would get rich, here some great stories of huge follows and have more customers than you know what to do with

PS: I want 10% of the profits and I am just kidding....you could charge more!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
If you did it, you could grow a pretty nice world record!!!! Sounds legit!

(making fun of the Japanese guy who raised the "world record" large mouth)

even though the Japanese guy looks like a chick...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Pretty good, got the Snakehead card played on him before 6:00 AM.

Stoneycreek, muskie???? I have fantasized about playing fish biologist myself, Wouldn't do it but have thought about it.

I learned my lesson about fooling with mother nature years back, my Burmese Python experiment went horribly wrong. I won't show my face in Florida again.

Just kidding

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(Bwana Don @ Feb 11 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pretty good, got the Snakehead card played on him before 6:00 AM.

Yeah, I'm sure (hoping) he was joking, but stocking snakeheads is just as potentially damaging as illegally stocking any other fish; muskie, bass, perch, whatever... and that was my point. As much as I'd love to see muskies in all 57 (
) states, I know they don't belong in Crescent Lake in Washington or Buskin Lake on Kodiak. They just don't fit in every ecosystem.

·
Registered
573 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Feb 11 2010, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Bwana Don @ Feb 11 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pretty good, got the Snakehead card played on him before 6:00 AM.

Yeah, I'm sure (hoping) he was joking, but stocking snakeheads is just as potentially damaging as illegally stocking any other fish; muskie, bass, perch, whatever... and that was my point. As much as I'd love to see muskies in all 57 (
) states, I know they don't belong in Crescent Lake in Washington or Buskin Lake on Kodiak. They just don't fit in every ecosystem.

100% right

1 - 20 of 29 Posts