Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Brother in law and I are planing to make our first trip to St. Clair Saturday This is his first trip to the big lake. He is from the Brooklyn area. He has herd a lot about St. Clair and wants to try it this weekend. I am a soft water angler out there Bass fishing mostly. I just need some idea where to fish so we may have a chance to catch a few for dinner. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
962 Posts
QUOTE(Backlasher @ Feb 4 2010, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Brother in law and I are planing to make our first trip to St. Clair Saturday This is his first trip to the big lake. He is from the Brooklyn area. He has herd a lot about St. Clair and wants to try it this weekend. I am a soft water angler out there Bass fishing mostly. I just need some idea where to fish so we may have a chance to catch a few for dinner. Any help would be great. Thanks

just look through the posts and you will get lots of info on where the people are fishing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Feb 4 2010, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Backlasher @ Feb 4 2010, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Brother in law and I are planing to make our first trip to St. Clair Saturday This is his first trip to the big lake. He is from the Brooklyn area. He has herd a lot about St. Clair and wants to try it this weekend. I am a soft water angler out there Bass fishing mostly. I just need some idea where to fish so we may have a chance to catch a few for dinner. Any help would be great. Thanks

just look through the posts and you will get lots of info on where the people are fishing

I have been looking at some of the post. I'm not asking anybody for their honey hole, I know that the lake is quite massive and we are just trying to find out a section where we may have a good chance of getting a few fish for dinner. I was thinking of the Crocker /Jefferson launch area.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ginos..Get there at dusk..Start shallow to the south,or strait out front.Then move out deeper.Alot of dinks,but you will catch some nice ones.If your friend has never experienced St.Clair..then I recommened he experience the city of shanties on frozen Lance Cruese Bay....My opinion

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(rexkay2 @ Feb 4 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ginos..Get there at dusk..Start shallow to the south,or strait out front.Then move out deeper.Alot of dinks,but you will catch some nice ones.If your friend has never experienced St.Clair..then I recommened he experience the city of shanties on frozen Lance Cruese Bay....My opinion

I think you mean get there at "dawn". "Dawn" is in the morning, "dusk" is at sunset.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(rubbnsmoke @ Feb 4 2010, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(rexkay2 @ Feb 4 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ginos..Get there at dusk..Start shallow to the south,or strait out front.Then move out deeper.Alot of dinks,but you will catch some nice ones.If your friend has never experienced St.Clair..then I recommened he experience the city of shanties on frozen Lance Cruese Bay....My opinion

I think you mean get there at "dawn". "Dawn" is in the morning, "dusk" is at sunset.

Yes I too think he means dawn not dusk. Very bad idea to be walking around st clair after dark if you don't know the lake. Lots of weak areas waiting to make your butt wet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts