Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body have any plastic 55 gallon drums laying around?

My brother inlaw wants me to drive him from his wedding to the reception this friday in my truck. Because they couldn't afford a limo

So, they all figured my truck looked as close to a limo as they could find. and want to decorate it all up.
i thought it would be funny to pull around plastic 55 gallon drums instead of cans

·
12,052 Posts
Might as well go all the way and use steel ones.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought that'd be pretty funny too but my wife talked me out of it. You imagine the fireworks display we would have running 70 mph down 696?

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
Paul capt'n peg leg has a source. He posts his number all the time sooooo 586-491-8888....he is in Key west!
<_<

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
How the he!! are you going to keep them from bouncing and rolling into the other cars on the road?

Hello allstate.
or
Hi Mom, I'm in jail!

·
Registered
625 Posts
You're in luck I've got 4 of em and come get em any time you want. They are in the back of my house under my deck so you acn get tehm any time, cuz I'm never there anyway. They are white and in great shape. They were originally from a friends uncle that has a dairy farm, and they were filled with cleansing fliud for cow nipples before they suck out the JUICE, I mean milk. Now ask yourself, "How many times have you used cow nipples in a sentance", and werent kidding?

PM me for directions. and get em any time you want.

·
1,218 Posts
Rob, Hazy(AL) here,

I'll bring J by in about 1.5 hours if that's cool to get the barrels. Thank's man. This is gonna be hilarious.

·
1,218 Posts
PS Sorry I didn't PM you, but her box is full. LOL -- no I diudn't mean that one.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Fine by me, I wont be there, I'll be stuck at work, then the gym, then, who knows what, but they are there and feel free to get em any time.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks alot Rob. This is going to be hilarious.

My family and friends are betting how long it will take for me to get pulled over then what the penalty will be.
I'm thinking just a stiff warning but my wife thinks ticket and big fine.

Thanks again though. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Oct 22 2003, 03:44 PM)How the he!! are you going to keep them from bouncing and rolling into the other cars on the road?

Hello allstate.
or
Hi Mom, I'm in jail!
I figure if I keep the chains short and keep one of the wedding cars behind me I should'nt have too big of a problem. Who knows though.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Jay i could see across the parking lot or something. but that could kill someone. I've done a lot of funny/dumb things... remember our fake dog in the street trick... yeah thats what i am talking about... but you driving down a road at 40 other guy coming the other way. durrel bounce up that's about 15 lbs at 80 through a windshield. sorry just my view. you know what i went through last november...... think about it first.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought about all that Dave. Weve got a bunch of cars in line with us and that'll drive next to me.
I've got the chains so they won't even extend past my outside tires. We are also only going a mile and a quarter.
I'll also be driving very slow in the right lane like 15 mph or so. I think we'll be fine but I'll definitely call it a quits if it looks at all like ther may be a problem. Also on a side note. THe drums are very light maybe 15-20 pounds.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
that sounds a little better, but remember a bowling ball killed that lady driving when it came through the windshield. that could not have been more then 20 as well. have fun but be safe.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Theresa got me stickers to put on my back glass.

"Bubba's Limo service/Casket delivery"

1-800-RED-NECK.

I've got a top hat to wear and some of those big buck teeth you had last year at browns.

Then we are going to do the normal decorating the truck with the pom pons and just married signs.

Should be funny

·
Registered
625 Posts
Oh my god!!! I just read what you are using them for...

I must have A.D.D. really bad! I saw the post title yesterday, I was like oh have some of them, read the first line that said you need some of them, BUT not the rest of that first post, then I checked back in just now, and was like "what are they talking about?? ticket, pulled over" huh, then I went and read what youre using them for. Too Funny!

Anyway when the prosecutor asking you where you got them, dont mention my name! LOL!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts