Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started using a plastic worm to my arsenal of fishing and has produced really well. I took my girlfriend out last night for a little fishing and set her up with a black plastic worm and she did really well caught several nice bass. But the big excitement was when she laid into a nice size channel cat around 10 lb. She coulld barely reel the thing in it was a blast!! Anyone else caught such a variety on plastic worms?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Oh yes, I started bass fishing on a plastic worm. Caught Bass, Walleye, Blugill, perch, pike, crappie, carp, dogfish, etc.....

Anything that swims will eat a plastic worm.

Mini

·
Registered
927 Posts
i caught a huge snapper turtle on a motor oil berkley power worm when i was 15. i couldnt figure out what was going on at first. my line started to move slowly so i set the hook. i knw i had hooked into somthing big but it wasnt fighting. it just dove to the bottom and wouldnt move. it was kinda like pulling a rock or piece of wood from the bottom. when you pull the rod back, you gain some line, but as soon as you drop the rod tip again, it just shoots to the bottom. anyway, it was huge, and mean and it bit my aluminum net and bent it. but i am happy to say that i released it unharmed (less the hole in its mouth) and have seen it a few times since. rubber worms will catch anything. even frogs.

madman himself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts