Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the bass fishing better at 9 mile or up by selfridge. i always fish 9 mile and do ok but thats the only place. some please answer that

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Thats like asking if the fishing will be better today or tomorrow. LOL Why is that the only place you fish? No reason you can't fish both spots and form your own opinion?

All my fishing has been in Anchor Bay this year...ok except Cancun.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
should have been hear yesterday

i think it depends on comfort level and time of year. If you have a lot of fish traffic from spawn in and out of the cuts/clinton/north-mid channels, I like north of metro. As the water heats up, out from 9 mile 400 club could be better because of the water temp. But... mile roads early this year was great but... that's because I fished there...

soooo all in all, if your after bass, the lake is full of them all over the place. Now perch, walleye, and muskie, they get a little tougher to find in the summer. But... are we having a normal weather pattern for summer, I think not.

I guess you just have to fish um to find um.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
OK honest answer, it depends.

And it depends on a bunch of things, forage, water temp, water clarity,, weed growth, other cover, the weather, the moon, and if you hold your face just right.

Seriously though, sometimes one spot is hot and as conditions change, the spot my not be hot any longer. When the fish move the fishermen need to move as well.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
You got a Gambler, won't that thing go like 85? Fish both spots. I've got a heavy sled of a Ranger and I can still fish from 9 mile up to Grassy Island in a few hours. I am about the farthest thing from a bass expert, or really even a bass fisherman, but I still see reports of guys catching smallies in Anchor Bay. But at the same time I know what has been said; in that as water warms the fish will (should) go deeper and to the South end of the lake. Just like Muskie, we're still fishing Anchor Bay (mostly
) and fish more to the South as the water warms into the steady 70's, weeds come up and so forth. One of my South lake muskie spots doesn't even have weeds on it yet, while Anchor Bay has good cabbage up...not choked, but up. I say burn some gas and hit it all until you find them.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
thats why i launch at harley i try the mile rds and all points in between then if not so good i fly up north of harley and try selfridge area and work my way back

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
This is how I try to pattern LSC.....I believe the fish are in all areas...Kind of like fishing a bunch of small inland lakes..Mile roads, south shore, anchor bay, channels, horseshoe..etc etc..They all hold fish at different depths, all year,,The trick is to find the "Spots" within the area that hold the largest fish..Figuring those "spots" out within the area my friend is how you score well in tournaments....

I have seen alot of money won within yards of a community hole where everyone else is claiming limited success....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts