Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I am an avid fisherman that hasn't been so avid lately due to 3 small children
. I want to get them hooked on fishing. And I plan on fishing until my hands bleed!! We will be camping in Algonac State Park and I am hoping to lose my muskie virginity
. I also want to get my wife hooked. Any direction on hooking up with one will be greatly appreciated. I am going to be fishing the US side. I don't care if its big or small fingerling or trophy.

I am also going to be looking for perch and wallys too, so any ideas on where to try and methods is greatly appreciated. I just want the kids to catch some fish and possibly get a small fish fry out of it for them to see what it is all about. I also want to see there eyes light up reeling in a hopefully big fish. We will cast and/or troll which ever seem easiest with the wife and kids in the boat. Thank You in advance on any guidance as I haven't fished LSC before!!!

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Welcome

You don't mention what boat/motor combo you have and how far you're willing to travel on the water, but maybe this chart will help:
http://www.marinecruiser.com/chart.html
Most of the muskie reports I've heard have been from Anchor Bay.
Casting or trolling is your choice, I'm a caster, but with three young kids, trolling might be easier for you.
Read through some of the recent muskie reports for tips on tackle. Hope to hear a report about you loosing you virginity soon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you are looking for a meal and to have your wife and kids catch some fish i would try drifting or trolling right in frount off the state park you are staying at we use 3 oz b/b with crawler-harnness. Hope this helps good luck.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
You have 3 dnr ramps within easy driving distance of the park. 1 about 3- 3 1/2 miles north of the park, 1 about 2 1/2 mile south of the park and 1 in fair haven sout of the park. In algonac , acrross from the dairy queen is a city ramp. Car and trailer parking behind the DQ.
Right across the road from the park you can fish also. {shoreline fishing.) lots of small perch but also some big stuff,mixed bag.
Bottom bouncers, as previously stated are the ticket.
Wife and I camp at Algonac a lot, favorite park.
another good place to shore fish is on the walkway in town.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS FOR THE HELP-

HOW ABOUT BAIT? ARE CRAWLER HARNESS' BEST RESULTS?? LEECHES, MINNOWS?? MY MAIN GOAL FOR THE WEEKEND ARE TO GET THE KIDS ADDICTED TO FISHING AND HOOKING 1 MUSKIE.

I LOVE TO CAST, BUT ALSO LIKE HOOKING A SUCKER OR SHINER AND LETTING THAT BIG BOBBER DISAPPEAR INTO THE DRINK. HOWEVER WITH A BOAT FULL- IE. WIFE, KIDS, AND LAB MAY MAKE THINGS INTERESTING.
HOW ABOUT BAIT SHOPS IN THE AREA.

IF THINGS DON'T WORK OUT, I'LL HOOK A TREBLE HOOK ON THE DOG AND SEE IF MOBY DICK IS AROUND.

-KIDDING- I DON'T HAVE THAT BIG OF A HOOK.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
MINNICHS BAIT IS A COUPLE MILES SOUTH OF THE PARK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(skullboner @ Jul 9 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i got a 46 inch musky while chugging for walleye tueasday at the south end of algonac state park

nice fish- i am like a little kid anxiously awaiting chirstmas morning. i won't be heading there for 2 more weeks

·
Registered
526 Posts
I would try from the state park down to a lil past the restaurant with the big star sign, and if thats not working head north past marine city almost to the narrow spot where the freighter dock is. I prefer drifting bottom bbouncers with crawler harnesses, silver if its sunny, gold or copper if its cloudy, the best wally bite seems to be early, you'll know where to go cus there will be alot of others out there, good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts