Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
How Sad. My heart goes out to that family.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
How sad.....We need to do something.....Guess the one thing she will need most is $$$$. Can we do this? We can use my PayPal or can we do it via LSCN?

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Capt. Mike

Let's setup a seperate PAYPAL item to donate to just for them!

Then, we can make a lump sum donation to the bank on their behalf:

HOW TO HELP the BINDSCHEATTEL FAMILY
Seaway Community Bank has set up a fund for donations. Stop in at the bank's Algonac branch, 900 Pointe Tremble Road, or the St. Clair branch, 1960 Fred Moore Highway. For details, call the Algonac branch at (810) 794-1000.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Is this the same one that was posted earlier this week?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
That is truely heat breaking.

In regards to how LSCN can help, I'll have to talk this over with the guys, CBJ, and Girlie. I don't want the peeps to feel like we are hitting them up for money from too many directions. CBJ and Girlie have been working hard to make sure that a few local, less fortunate familes will have a Christmas, and the generosity we are seeing from this group is wondferful! Should we add this Algonac family to that list?

Keep replying here if you want to help this family out and we'll see where we can help.

Also keep in mind that this Algonac family has received a great outpouring of support so far, and I'm sure more is to come. Would our contributions have more of an impact if we continued to target the less-fortunate families like we have started to do?

Let me know. Feel free to PM me offline too.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Girlie and I had this same conversation on Wed @ Gino's. Not trying to ignore this poor womans plight, but I think the original plan of helping 2 or 5 families that have not gotten the coverage would be nice

Please do not let that stop you from helping the Algonac tragedy if you can. Just make sure you can help support the CBJ/Girlie effort.

Mini

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
it was a terrible tragedy ! always with children is heart wrenching, but we can't fix every problem out there......

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't mean to cause conflict-

I personally know Karen Bindshettel and I would like to help her-

everyone has their own charities that are close to their heart.

No hard feeling's if you would like to focus your efforts elsewhere.

I choose this one.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
just read the full story

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Nov 28 2003, 03:24 PM)HOW TO HELP the BINDSCHEATTEL FAMILY
Seaway Community Bank has set up a fund for donations. Stop in at the bank's Algonac branch, 900 Pointe Tremble Road, or the St. Clair branch, 1960 Fred Moore Highway. For details, call the Algonac branch at (810) 794-1000.
It's posted already by Instigator

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
went to the funeral home last nite.............
I've never been to a child's funeral before.
three little casket's........It was VERY hard!
came home and threw up

I believe that the funeral costs have been covered, but she will need stuff like clothes and household items- ( she has NOTHING )
if anyone has anything to donate please pm me and I'll make sure she gets it-

she is tiny like Laney

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
I will definitely give her some clothes, etc. I will get some things together today.

...so sad.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Nov 29 2003, 09:41 AM)went to the funeral home last nite.............
I've never been to a child's funeral before.
three little casket's........It was VERY hard!
came home and threw up

I believe that the funeral costs have been covered, but she will need stuff like clothes and household items- ( she has NOTHING )
if anyone has anything to donate please pm me and I'll make sure she gets it-

she is tiny like Laney
Wow.....
No words really seem adequate. I have never been to and hope I never do attend a child's funeral. That must have been just devastating.

The worst funeral I have ever been to was one where a 30yr old took his own life, I know how horrible that was- so I can not even imagine the lives of three innnocent children

Puppetshow, how did you know her? Does she have a lot of family in the area? Just wondering.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Girlie @ Nov 29 2003, 11:50 AM)Puppetshow, how did you know her? Does she have a lot of family in the area? Just wondering.
she is my ex husband's high school girlfriend-

yes, she does have alot of family & friends to support her

1 - 19 of 19 Posts