Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why, but for the last few days, my internet has been running REALLY slow. Some pages now take up to 2 min to load that normally loaded in seconds. My connection is fine, I did a speed test. I am virus free, I ran Norton numerous times. And I keep up with spyware removal. None of these things seem to do anything though to help

I run internet explorer with windows XP.

Anybody have any advise? Hints? Solutions? Anything to get this thing running faster?

PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
did you install a music downloading program?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
are you only referring to LSCN or are you also referring to other sites? I also experience extreamly slow load times here, but most other places are ok.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RHO how do I do all that??? Cookies, defrag, temp int. files..... all of that??

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Shorgasm III @ Dec 2 2003, 01:10 PM)did you install a music downloading program?
It is slow for most sites....

And yes I have kazaa installed

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Look at the top of your page ... Under tools right click....internet options

Delete cookies ..OK
delete files.....OK
clear history....OK

iIwill delete visited sites from your drop down box though if you care about that

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Defrage and disk cleanup are under control panel

Those are basics....and that is all I know

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Go to start, hit search for scan disk.. Run it..
Then go to start, search for defrag and run it on your "C" drive... It will help...

I have to look at the pull down menu's on internet explorer to clear your history and so on... But you should do that first before the scan disc and defrag.. It should be under your tool in internet explorer...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Defrag and Scan Disk are gotten to and ran by going to Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools. You will find them all there. Run Disk Clean up first followed by Scan Disk and finally Defrag. Kazaa can slow things down too. I reccomend Kazaa Lite as it doesnt have all the advertisement crap imbedded.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
That happens on my computer too... mine has not been the same since that virus a few months back.

I don't know why, but this fixes mine:

go into task manager
delete Dllhost.exe if it's running...

it takes up gobs of memory... as soon as I ax it, everything works... but it keeps coming back.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where do I get Kazaa lite??

I will watch the little banner in the right corner (shows internet activity) and when a page is loading, it will just stop for few seconds, then go again, then stop. It seems like the page freezes a few times while loading.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Do a search for it in google. I am not sure the link is there anymore though. If it isn't pm me and I will see if I can send the proggie to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts