Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to <some users>, we shouldn't discuss any dangerous situations or boaters on the lake. Shhhhhhh, you didn't see that jet ski run on plane 30 ft behind your raft up, and that guy in the cruiser didn't cut you off, and no one ever came into Macray on plane the entire way, no sir, no how. Can't talk about that sort of thing, why, someone's feelings might get hurt, so you just keep those comments to yourself and make sure you don't tell anyone what you saw!

IMHO, letting others know about these sorts of situations and incidents is one of the most valuable aspects of a public message board like this one. To each their own, I guess.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think if you talk about issues people are creating that is one thing but you might be able to help less experienced boaters "learn" through others mistakes. I think there are plenty if idiots in the world but some people may not know what they are doing is wrong and maybe the forum could educate them?

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Ahh, screw 'em.
There are some people who just aren't pleased not matter what other people do or post.
Posting the offenders and what they do is nothing but a favor or service to others here.
If the Sheriff and Coast Guard had the equipment and manpower to everywhere all the time, the problem would eventually be resolved, but that is impossible and we boaters know it.
Calling someone out will serve as a warning for the rest of us, and hopefully show the offender the error of their ways.
The whiners will just have to get over it, they are probably the problem to begin with.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I agree You have to expose these moron's out there before they get them self's killed and take one of us with them.

I have huge problems with people ignoring anxhored areas( poormans) they just fly through with their dingy's and jetskis, not realizing there are people swimming around these boats that they can't see.

I make sure I have a good distant from anchored boats before I give it the gas.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
who's giving you flack?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jun 25 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see nothing wrong with having this thread, it's not going to give LSCN a bad name

The nitpicking in threads lately about what should or shouldn't be said is really getting tiresome. Let the Admins and Moderators do their job, they've been doing fine for 10 years and the site keeps growing so I wouldn't worry too much about a thread that warns people of boaters who are careless and disrespectful.

QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 25 2009, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 25 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>who's giving you flack?
http://www.lakestclair.net/forums/index.ph...c=69332&hl=
I wouldn't have known if people hadn't quoted the flacker, but I'm not at all surprised

BIG shocker there

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(Sheamus @ Jun 25 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 25 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>who's giving you flack?

If you give someone flack, and your on the back of your boat does that count as Aftflack ahahahahahahahaha

What about Ben Affleck. Maybe he is out there giving us wake in the channel...?

Forehead Coat Gesture Suit Happy

Attachments

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
You created a whole thread for this ???

wow...SOMEONE has ALOT of time on their hands.

get over it already

I dont own lscn...Im just a member who had an opinion.

and Deputy Dog...I suggest you take your own advice in your signature...

coz u are sounding pretty clinched up.

Really....all the junk that's posted and MY OPINION - given politely - causes a stir ???

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(Sheamus @ Jun 25 2009, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you give someone flack, and your on the back of your boat does that count as Aftflack ahahahahahahahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts