Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to what appears to be an environmental problem caused by sever flooding in our backyard (it hasent been dry since late Sept.) once again, our little 5 yr old has been struck down with a severe staff infection. She was hospitalized this morning after 3 days on antibiotics that did absolutely nothing. This is the 3rd time in 3 years that she has been hospitalized for the same thing, but the first time it has not responded to regular antibiotics.

Please keep Erin in your prayers that the IV meds she is currently on will take care of it and that someone, somewhere can find EXCATLY what is causing them so we can handle it from a proactive point and not just a reactive one. Should the infecton not respond to the antibiotics and gets into her blood, we are talking some pretty nasty things could happen to a sweet little 5 year old Princess.

Looks like Sterling Hgts Environmental people are getting another nasty call from me monday morning.

Thanks everyone.

Jim

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
My prayers and thoughts go out to you and that adorible litte girl of yours......I hope for a speedy recovery....

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
please give sterling hts a kickin the arse for me.

in the mean time, all my prayers go to your adorable princess!
godspeed!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
OH MY, I hope she gets better real soon.
We need to get this taken care of. We have 2100 or so macomb county constituants on this board, there is power in numbers and publicity. Who's in charge of StHeights Environmental people?? Is is Macomb County Environmental people?? Do they answer to a political leader?? Who is that?? That's who we need to flood with letters.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
prayer sent i hope shes ok , keep us informed

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
My Prayers are with her for a fast recovery!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
She has my prayers and thoughts.....I hope she comes home soon, Jim.

How sad your little one has to suffer because of the problem in your backyard.....it's just not right. Hope you can resolve that issue soon. Maybe the media needs to know what's going on. good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
i hope all is well. it is sad to see any child sick. here's to a speedy recovery...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
THANK YOU to all for your well wishes and prayers. I printed the topic out and took it to the hospital for me to read to her this morning. She loved it. Her doc came in a little while later and said she was responding great to the antibiotic they had her on and that we can continue it at home.

She ran out those doors about 3pm and we just got home.

As for the problem withthe yard that is believed to be the cause behind this. My neighbor and i have been fighting this for several years now and the problem is getting worse. The previous owners failed to disclose this problem when we bough the house nearly 5 years ago, and even commented to the neighbors that they are not going to tell anyone about it because they would not be able to sell the house if they did. We have gone through several departments in Sterling HGts and have gotten a plan that they would do the work, bill us the aprox. $7,000.00 for the job, but then retain the right of way to enter our backyards at any time to service THEIR drain which is on the city easement which is THEIR property anyway. A councilman was contacted and said he would act on it. So far all we know in the last 3 months is he had a survey team come out and take a look. Thisis the third team that has looked and said the same thing. "YOU HAVE A PROBLEM."

I am in the process of taking the pics I have and putting them up on a web page. As soon as it is done I will post it for all to see and to forward to Sterling Hgts. It sure would be nice to be able to use the yard, at least once.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND SUPPORT. They mean a lot to us and to Erin.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts