Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom is going to have heart bypass on Friday on the 3 arteries that run to the heart and a branch that runs off one of the arteries. When did we go up and have to start looking after our parents?? I'm not sure I like that idea!!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Best wishes for your mom

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Amielou,

Fortunately, this operation is almost routine these days.
It doesn't mean however that it will be a pleasant experience for your mom. She will need a lot of emotional support, but should come out of it in much better health.

We, as always, will be here for you!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hey i just tried calling you .... my prayers are with you and your mom. Keep your head up and be strong. She will be alright- i am sure she has some of the best doctors in town.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
It is all part of the cycle Amielou, I am sure your mom will be fine and will say a prayer for her tonight with my family.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I hope your mom will come out of this feeling much better than before and thank GOD that she has a sweetheart like you to look after her and take care of her. That is a blessing in and of itself Amielou.

Call if you need anything & our prayers are with you all

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Hi Amy....please know you and your Mother will be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up....please call us if you need anything.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
AmieLou-

I will say a prayer for your mother.

My mom had the same thing done a few years ago but she had a 5 vessel by-pass and like Instigator said it is pretty routine now a days- ( the surgery)

the recovery time will be hard though & your mom will need alot of your support!

I hope it all goes well, I'll be thinking about you & your family

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
>
< Big Hug for you Amielou...

Your mom will be in my prayers.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Sep 3 2003, 11:52 AM)Amielou,

Fortunately, this operation is almost routine these days.
It doesn't mean however that it will be a pleasant experience for your mom. She will need a lot of emotional support, but should come out of it in much better health.

We, as always, will be here for you!

"We, as always, will be here for you!
"

·
Registered
79 Posts
Amy , our thoughts & prayers are with your mom and your family. And most of all YOU . Its hard when we become the grown ups that have to worry about our parents.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Amie hang in there!!! Your mom will do great. I will say a prayer for her and for you of course!!

Here is a BIG hug for you!!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Amy,

My mother also has been down that road 6 years ago. Like everyone says, it is a very slow recovery after surgery and everyone is different, you don't know how long it will take for her to wake up after the surgery. Don't be scared about this. I didn't know this and I had a hard time not understanding why she wasn't awake yet. She will need a lot of support when she does wake up. Love and prayers to you and your family.

Man, with all our prayers lately maybe we should start a Prayer Forum? <_<

Hang in there! God Bless Firecracker

1 - 20 of 21 Posts