Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
marine city launch, 1600 - 2000 , down river, boated 5 eyes, no silvers. harnesses. 1 in 27 fow. 4 in 33 - 39 fow . 1 just in front of the park, and the 4 down from the Avalon. orange with black dots on orange beads, white wonderbread on white beads, firetiger with black dots on chartruese beads. the mud line was creeping in by the 1/2 hour to the american side. fish size were 15.5 to 19 inches, just beautiful specimens, with no eye poppin surprises. tried to get a rider , but no takers , no time to try harder cuz i was burnin daylight, . good luck to all, tight lines

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh ya , the eyes are there. and boy oh boy, the whippers are all over the park area. takin their seats appx 1900. get there early to get yours. tight lines to you

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE(DaveS. @ Jun 18 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>marine city launch, 1600 - 2000 , down river, boated 5 eyes, no silvers. harnesses. 1 in 27 fow. 4 in 33 - 39 fow . 1 just in front of the park, and the 4 down from the Avalon. orange with black dots on orange beads, white wonderbread on white beads, firetiger with black dots on chartruese beads. the mud line was creeping in by the 1/2 hour to the american side. fish size were 15.5 to 19 inches, just beautiful specimens, with no eye poppin surprises. tried to get a rider , but no takers , no time to try harder cuz i was burnin daylight, . good luck to all, tight lines

Once again nice job on the eyes Dave!!! Sorry I couldnt get out. Need every hour I can get before I am back to calling Marvin!!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Great report, sorry I could not join you.

On my way to work, I drive over the Pine River. The river was very high and muddy. The water clarity on SCR is going to be in the dumps for quite a while.

·
Registered
962 Posts
nice job dave sorry I couldnt go. and yup your right im kickin myself. sounds like it was a fun night thats for sure. but you know how it goes if I would have gone that black cloud would have followed us and you would have only gotten one lol. I hope to get out there with ya again for some eyes and ice cold pops.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great report Dave. If you dont mind where you drifting or trolling your harnesses with bottom bouncers? sorry but I am new to the SCR and the harness game. Thanks for any "extra" info.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(sylvan19 @ Jun 19 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great report Dave. If you dont mind where you drifting or trolling your harnesses with bottom bouncers? sorry but I am new to the SCR and the harness game. Thanks for any "extra" info.

no wind yesterday , so idid a controlled drift with the electric bowmount to keep the blades spinning , with the current. 1 BB at 11/2 oz plus a couple shots. the other was long line inline with 3 shots , that way reduces tangles even when theres another angler on board, works for me.just an occasional blast was all that was needed from the elec.motor . let the current do most of the work. hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE(Craves @ Jun 19 2009, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great report, sorry I could not join you.

On my way to work, I drive over the Pine River. The river was very high and muddy. The water clarity on SCR is going to be in the dumps for quite a while.

10 4 Craves on the muddy river!!! Mud line is almost to Canada!! With this next batch rolling threw it may be a while. Guess we should have skipped work and went with Dave!!!! Still bummed about his lens cover. That doesnt usually happen up here!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE(Craves @ Jun 19 2009, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great report, sorry I could not join you.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Good report and nice going. ><{{{{{*>

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
thanks for the info dave i have been drifting from the sp tp the dq launch picked up 1 with soule thursday night but we had a late start i have been drifting 1.5-2 mph using fire tiger wonderbread and pink in about 35 fow tried last night but the weather ran us of the water how are the wipping guys doing i like drifting better myself but i try to do what works best bait shop said the bite has slowed down the past few days my catch of the day yesterday was about 70 ft of line 100 muscles 3 jigs and 2 1 oz weights i snag them thought i had a sturgen
but it was just some ones old baits i put them all in the trash so you couldnt catch them on your next drift lol going to try this after noon but it is pretty muddy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts