Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a tourney on Sunday in St Clair & just can't believe the condition some of the smallies were in.Lips all ripped & a couple 3 pound fish with no eye.These fish are gettin huge pressure.Looks like a good case to leave the closed season closed.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
You saw how many bass out of several hundred thousand? Maybe all the guys fished right around the common release areas. The vast majority of the bass I catch out there every year (hundreds) look clean, crisp, and new as the day they were born.

At least read the data from the smallmouth compilation that the MDNR posted a few months ago so you know how many smallies they estimate our out there and their estimated harvest numbers (very low). The other thing I would say is count actually how many smallies you saw weighed in and how many you ACTUALLY saw had multiple wounds on them that you can PROVE are from hooks.

It can be surprising when you actually quantify things to demonstrate if you are looking at reality or perception. The thing is, I'm betting you haven't looked at the actual numbers of smallies and estimated catch and creel even so you don't really know if your vague and general statement holds a drop of water. You aren't doing anyone or even yourself any favors by reaching such a broad conclusion based on so narrow, non-quantified observation. It's kind of like saying we must be in global warming because today it was really warm.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
EXCELLENT djkmmel EXCELLENT

h2o

1 - 4 of 4 Posts