Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
run off of chit from a fertilized farmer's wheat field that absorbed oxygen in a feeder creek to the Black river

- for those that can't open the link or don't have time to read the report.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well dang tell us something we didn't already know....morons. I want to know what the .... they are gonna do about it and what kind of penalties the farmer is going to pay. Looks like they did an awful lot of investigating.....as usual....now who's gonna pay for it?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(snowman @ Oct 28 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well dang tell us something we didn't already know....morons. I want to know what the .... they are gonna do about it and what kind of penalties the farmer is going to pay. Looks like they did an awful lot of investigating.....as usual....now who's gonna pay for it?

i doubt anything its not illegal to fertilize your field and if the runoff was from rain kinda out of the farmers control. they always investigate die offs to determine the cause

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
there were previous posts that the county or whomever felt sympathetic towards the farmer for losing all the fertilizer, and no penalties would be pushed on him. its all bs, its odd...... when most people make mistakes, they suffer the consequences for their actions, regardless if it was a mistake or not. this farmer will not pay a dime for his actions.

in his defense, he tried to prevent more run off but with all the rain we had, he could stop it. it sucks but we'll pay for it with tax dollars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts