Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some a-hole of a farmer north of port huron killed all the fish for 12 miles they say on the time hearld paper. Smallies, pike, rock bass, crayfish everything, "big time" out in the state game area up black river.....

www.thetimeshearld.com

Todd

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
If that farmer was the cause then he needs to be hung up by the short & curlys & used as a piñata

Here's the direct LINK

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've fished many stretches of this river for the past 30 years and have never heard of anything like this happening before. What a total waste and a disgrace, this farmer, accident or not, needs to be dealt with in the most extreme manner law permits. What an a$$hole!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
We need to contact the

DEQ
DNR
MUCC
St. Clair Walleye assoc
Blue Water Fishing- I'll get their correct name
All the local sportsmans clubs. I'll need little help with addresses.

I'll write a letter and have it up after lunch today. We'll have to send this out as individual citizens as I havnt asked for permission from here. I'll also need a proof reader for this letter.

Reply here with the addresses here so we dont duplicate them.

Duane

Attachments

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Not Good. Head hanging down.

h2o

·
Registered
183 Posts
QUOTE(tracker73 @ Aug 13 2009, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>man that sucks! the guilty party needs to be made an example of, so hopefully it never happens again.

I agree let the DNR do there study, asess the damage and let the guilty party pay for the restocking of that area. Plus fines

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(joemama @ Aug 13 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tracker73 @ Aug 13 2009, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>man that sucks! the guilty party needs to be made an example of, so hopefully it never happens again.

I agree let the DNR do there study, asess the damage and let the guilty party pay for the restocking of that area. Plus fines

dont forget that it all flows downriver.....i am sure that tainted water is already in the lake.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Beard's Hills fishing is wiped out?
Wonder how badly it will affect the steelhead and salmon. It was nearby with a genuine up-north feel. A total kill-off would affect the bald eagles and everything else that depends on the river.

Let them pay to restock it!
Execs are still making millions. They can live with one less BMW.

Need one of these "emotiocons" with a pitchfork!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
The guilty party needs to be punished to the full extent of the law.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Man thats horrible!
I have a couple spots that I like to take my kids to in Black river. We would always catch fish there nomatter what. Bass, pike, catfish, suckers, carp, perch, rockbass, and samlon every now and then. Lots of other wildlife depend on that river too as a water supply! Thats realy sad!!! http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/2009...laims-thousands

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any new news on this incident/accident? The Black is one of my favorite spots in the fall, great to bring the dog for a run in the woods, get a little fire going and catch steelies and salmon about a week or two from now. Wondering how bad this jackass has screwed up my river for fall salmon. Any new reports, or if anyone has ventured there recently, what you saw. Some new info would be helpful if anyone has heard or read anything recently.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The farmer did it. There was a article in the paper and they were saying poor farmer, poor farmer.

All in all nature suffered and the poor farmer is getting off. The fish or at least the salmon run might be alright this year up mill creek.

The fish will be back at least up to the dam this spring. But north of the dam was hit the hardest...

I heard they might take the dam out there down. It doesn't do anything but stop the migration of the salmon and fish.

ToddS

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.