Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it has to happen every now and then.
The man who taught me to whip about 5 years ago taught me a lesson again tonight.
We started out drifting the mouth of the SCR and could not get them popping. We then set up to whip south of PH on the canuck side of the river. I threw everything I had at them with no luck and got a skunk. My partner however boated 5 whippin between 9-11pm or so. I guess my karma caught up with me after the fish killin I did north of the border last week.
Thanks bugeyes for taking me out, and I will have that pearl bodied black and white next time! Here si the pic of some very young and tasty eyes.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
nice fish, when the bite is not on your side of the boat, turn the wheel a little to shift your side to where he is fishing, some times thats all it takes to takeover the bite
still have not gotten a call about my motor.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
QUOTE(TimEye @ Jun 12 2009, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice fish, when the bite is not on your side of the boat, turn the wheel a little to shift your side to where he is fishing, some times thats all it takes to takeover the bite
still have not gotten a call about my motor.

LOL take his spot!!!
Great job on the fish! Most nights one side of the boat is better then the other.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i believe the limit in canada is 6 not 5. somebody correct me if i am wrong. nice catch and you should never fish up there without pearl baits.

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(castforcash @ Jun 12 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i believe the limit in canada is 6 not 5. somebody correct me if i am wrong. nice catch and you should never fish up there without pearl baits.

You are correct, six fish per person. My partner caught 5 which means he missed his personal limit by 1 fish as the title states.

·
Registered
179 Posts
sorry tony my bad i didnt read it all the way through. ive been doing ok up there handlining. i think i have been missing the bite cause i cant get out til about 12:30 am. sounds like they are doing good from dark til about midnight.

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(castforcash @ Jun 12 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sorry tony my bad i didnt read it all the way through. ive been doing ok up there handlining. i think i have been missing the bite cause i cant get out til about 12:30 am. sounds like they are doing good from dark til about midnight.

No apologies necessary, I figured that was what happened anyhow. Saw a couple of handliners but did not talk to any of them but bugeyes said the ones he has spoken to recently have been doing quite well. Good luck!

·
Registered
218 Posts
It was a fun night, but Tony forgot to tell you guys that we also found an orange inline planer with a dead sea gull connected to the end of it that was floating by while we were out in the mouth area. It had a bomber in its mouth. So for me I got a new planner, a new bomber that they dont make anymore, and I beat Tony 5-0, thats a pretty good night. Im sure that wont happen again.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(Bugeyes @ Jun 13 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It was a fun night, but Tony forgot to tell you guys that we also found an orange inline planer with a dead sea gull connected to the end of it that was floating by while we were out in the mouth area. It had a bomber in its mouth. So for me I got a new planner, a new bomber that they dont make anymore, and I beat Tony 5-0, thats a pretty good night. Im sure that wont happen again.

Could'a used you on the ice lastnight for the Red Wings.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts