Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brain freeze....
Have a group heading down to Bridge Harbour Marina this Friday afternoon / evening...

What are the current opening times of bridges on Black River in Port Huron?

I think the 7th Street Bridge is "open" for repairs, but is the other one the Military Street Bridge?

Thought it was every half hour during certain times and then "on demand" which requires either a short and long blast or hailing the bridge on channel 13?

·
Registered
135 Posts
QUOTE(sidelite @ Jul 13 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Brain freeze....
Have a group heading down to Bridge Harbour Marina this Friday afternoon / evening...

What are the current opening times of bridges on Black River in Port Huron?

I think the 7th Street Bridge is "open" for repairs, but is the other one the Military Street Bridge?

Thought it was every half hour during certain times and then "on demand" which requires either a short and long blast or hailing the bridge on channel 13?

I think it's every 1/2 hour but if i'm wrong sorry. If they pull up to the bridge and honk the will open it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The 7th Street Bridge is up for repair, that is correct. If you are going to Bridge Harbour, the you will have to have Military and possibly 10th Street Bridge go up (depending on your height).

I think it is the hour and 1/2 hour except on Sunday and late at night.

You do need to give them a long and a short horn signal to raise, even on the hour and 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The Military Street Bridge (the one closest to the St. Clair River) opens every half hour (if there is boat traffic) on the top and bottom of the hour. (12:00, 12:30, 1:00, 1:30) The 7th Street bridge is still open due to repairs. The 10th Street Bridge opens every half hour on the quarter hours. (12:15, 12:45, 1:15, 1:45).

If you time it right you can make it through both with out stopping. My friend has a 33' with a Fly Bridge and he can make it under the 10th Street if he puts his antennas down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you guys are looking to go to a party, hang out and meet new people. As you go through Military st bridge on your left hand (port) side, you will see the CFS bank. On Saturday there is going to be a raft off going on there. It's going from 12-5pm. Last year we had about 30 boats attend. It was a good time. There was a DJ and various prizes being raffled off. If it sounds like something your interested in come on down. If you have a dinghy at least drive by and check it out.

Hope to see you there,
Jeramie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts