Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
I am wanting to purchase a portable fish finder. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which one would be best. I want to make sure that what I buy will be dependable and function well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. This will not be used for ice fishing.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just picked up one from Cabelas for my aluminum boat up north. I got the cheapest model 110 at $120 from Hummingbird. Takes 6 AA bateries. The have have better ones with "side" finders which show fish off to the side you point it at when you spook the fish. Up to $270 for color ones. Haven't tried it yet though. Should work fine if your looking for a clamp on mounting system. Or maybe even ice fishhing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE(TimH @ Jul 21 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am wanting to purchase a portable fish finder. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which one would be best. I want to make sure that what I buy will be dependable and function well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. This will not be used for ice fishing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE(VMAX @ Jul 22 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(TimH @ Jul 21 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am wanting to purchase a portable fish finder. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which one would be best. I want to make sure that what I buy will be dependable and function well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. This will not be used for ice fishing.

Humminbird PiranhaMax 150 is a very nice set up

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(vinniemays @ Jul 21 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was actually gonna post the same thing. Seeing as though I dont have a boat and fish alot of obscure bodies of water one of those would help. And for ice fishing too.

same here and just got this email from westmarine

NORCROSS MARINE

Fishfinder, Portable Hand Held
$89.99 USD

Communication Device Measuring instrument Gadget Audio equipment Font

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...;classNum=10879

wonder how well will it would work it this boat <-------don't like drilling for a new transducer

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts