Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a power inverter (12v DC-110vAC) to use my 110volt tube inflator on my 12 volt boat. Does anyone have experience with any of these? Or, does anyone know if the 12 volt inflators will work for large tubes. I may want to inflate a larger trampoline at some point, has anyone ever inflated one of those?
I am new to the area but after being on Lake St. Clair one afternoon last summer, I thought of getting a small trampoline and letting the kids play on it out in the lake, is this permitted?
And while I'm asking questions, if you trailer to the lake, where can you put in that you can leave your car overnight?

·
Registered
9,469 Posts

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
QUOTEOr, does anyone know if the 12 volt inflators will work for large tubes

yes, but only to a certain extent of "large" i used to blow up a 8' "fun island" with 12volts and it worked. time wasnt too bad either.

QUOTEmay want to inflate a larger trampoline at some point, has anyone ever inflated one of those?

you may want a 112V for this, but the inverter running the pump will probaly kill your batterie quick, so i would run the engine

QUOTEI thought of getting a small trampoline and letting the kids play on it out in the lake, is this permitted?
in a bay, there will be no problem... but in the middle of the lake, while i dont think illegal, would probaly be frowned uponed

QUOTEif you trailer to the lake, where can you put in that you can leave your car overnight?

Attachments

·
12,052 Posts
Plus, for the cost of an inverter, you could buy a hell of a 12v pump.

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
you can get a small inverter at radio shack for arounc $30.

i bought an inverter this year and it works fine for small appliances/loads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts