Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
of course it sucked not having power, air, refrigeration etc for so long......BUT

I have to say that it MADE me slow down and do some things that we're long over due!!!

I had no cell phone, no fax, no e-mail, no home phone so I spent some much needed time catching up on stuff around the house.......

I played card games & board games with my kids by candlelight, we went for a bike ride, we did yard work. My 17 yr old couldn't watch MTV or talk on MSN so she had to spend time w/ me...she talked my ear off all nite

I cleaned off my desk and organized my briefcase & I packed for the week (I'm leaving tomorrow for vacation)

the best moment was watching my two younger daughter's sit on the love seat & play electronic battleship by candlelight ( that games makes noises and has lights which was cool in the dark) and then my older daughter wanted to play Trouble and we couldn't find all of the parts so we used candy.

You have to picture us playing Trouble w/ Banana & Lime Runts as our tokens....it's was priceless and we laughed out butts off the whole time!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
That's exactly how everyone should deal with the outage, kick back and enjoy the basics. Quiet time with the family by candel light. I can live with that.

On the other hand, If we had lost power in this area, none of us would have water. We are not in the Great Lakes Watershed, and are all well users. With out power, no water, no flushable toilets. That would be the hardest thing to deal with.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
We got power about 11:30. Steve's Bar was open before that. The beer was cold. Neighbor had a generator.

Boss is happy because she can now clean.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
all in all it was humbling.

Things we take for granted.
We also spent time with the kids. Let them sleep outside in the tent. In which they did all night...I was proud (maybe cuz we wore them out)

Then we broke in our neighbors new patio. Drank EVERYTHING in the fridge that would perish. No skunk beer here!

It was bad though going from three different brands of beer, going to White Zin then **** Red in gallon jugs

I was praying the power wouldn't be on this morning

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Aug 15 2003, 02:20 PM)Then we broke in our neighbors new patio. Drank EVERYTHING in the fridge that would perish. No skunk beer here!

It was bad though going from three different brands of beer, going to White Zin then **** Red in gallon jugs

Thanks for coming to get us!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Aug 15 2003, 09:12 AM)and then my older daughter wanted to play Trouble and we couldn't find all of the parts so we used candy.

You have to picture us playing Trouble w/ Banana & Lime Runts as our tokens....it's was priceless and we laughed out butts off the whole time!!!
I LOVE THAT GAME!

My mom and I used to play it all the time when I was a kid. I need to get me a new one. <_<

Boss got me Chutes & Ladders for Christmas, but its still sealed. We should have broke that out last night.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Aug 15 2003, 07:42 PM)Snow...is there any game you don't play????

I've never played Clue, LIFE, Hi Ho Cherry-O, Sorry, Payday and Boggle.

And I have never learned how to play Euchre.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 16 2003, 09:13 AM)QUOTE(threecrabs @ Aug 15 2003, 07:42 PM) Snow...is there any game you don't play????

I've never played Clue, LIFE, Hi Ho Cherry-O, Sorry, Payday and Boggle.

And I have never learned how to play Euchre.

A polock not knowing Euchre

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
We played Euchre yesterday ..and last night.
Thinking about putting together a friendly tournament soon. Anyone wanna play?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Aug 16 2003, 09:33 AM)A polock not knowing Euchre

Yeah, but at least I know how to spell Pollock.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 16 2003, 09:47 AM)QUOTE(garydebs @ Aug 16 2003, 09:33 AM) A polock not knowing Euchre

Yeah, but at least I know how to spell Pollock.

Sorry type-o error

At least I know what a Michigan basement is

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Aug 16 2003, 09:48 AM)At least I know what a Michigan basement is

So do I.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Aug 16 2003, 09:44 AM)We played Euchre yesterday ..and last night.
Thinking about putting together a friendly tournament soon. Anyone wanna play?
yes we did! it was a blast...cause me and mrs sunbum won!

·
Registered
73 Posts
It sounds as if you all had a great time.

I spent the last 4 days working day and night. I had but 6 hours sleep the whole time, and only two rather poor excuses for meals, and almost no water.

But more importantly, emergency radio services were up and running flawlessly during the outage.

After the last few days I had, I need a vacation!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 17 2003, 11:10 AM)QUOTE(garydebs @ Aug 16 2003, 09:48 AM) At least I know what a Michigan basement is

So do I.

NOW you do

Where's RFDeiter been anyway
Bet he's been working alot of OT

BTW THANKS! to you and your fellow workers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts