Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we went to the boat to go fishing yesterday after the wife got home from work, as usual. walking beteen the car and the hoist we rent, maybe 100 yards. the power went out. now that's timing. and of course the hoist didn't work. did anyone fish yesterday and how about a report?

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Oh, I wasn't going to sit in the hot box (my home) all day. Of course it wasn't without it's woes. First I had to gas for the truck (1hr 45min) to make it to the lake. Then had to battle traffic as lines for gas stations near me clogged the roads (1hr 30min). Finally made it out about noon. Hot and hazy (actually a summer day!) with thunder boomers rolling across various parts of the lake. Fishing was good. Fished till 7pm with roughly 20 bass and 1 muskie. The muskie was a monster all the bass were between 2-3lbs. All of the fish are loaded on isolated structure/cover. Find a nice patch of grass and you can quickly load the boat. Don't waste too much time if your not getting bite, move on.

Running of fumes and not knowing if I would be able to get gas for the weekend, I did drop $75 to fill-up on the lake. Of course on the way home, all the pumps on M-59 were open. The only real downer of the trip.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Mr. Miller. I could of swore Ive seen you out there by the shipping channel.... Me and admiral went out in the evening after the day of directing traffic at local gas stations and trying to help people out in general. Haven't had much luck, only got some bbay perch and a smaller walleye. But nevertheless, enjoyed a beautiful evening at the lake. I am about to head out there with my mom, wish us luck

(Sunday, 1:30pm)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
little to windy for the wife and i today. went to the access this am, just to look at the lake condictions before we put the boat down. saw the white caps and went home. later we took a ride in her truck to port huron, along the water. we listened to the hand held at the access and everyone we heard was saying how rough the water was. and it didn't sound like the eyes were jumping into the boats out there. how did you and mom do?? did you catch dinner?? it's not suppose to be so windy tomorrow, should be out there after her work.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Holly CARP! (Switch the A and the R). What an evening! We ended up on the water around 4 pm. It was super rough, whitecaps and all but it was worth it. First cast, a huge northern pike. My first one this year and what a beauty. I'll post a picture later on. Walleye were biting like pesky bass in clinton river, had a few of those and some awesome jumbo pearch! You should have been out there, right by B29!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts