Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS OUT WITH CBJ , AND HIS BRO IN LAW.... FISHING
COMING INTO THE RAMP AT JEFFERSON ACROSS FROM EDDIE'S DRIVE IN.....
WE WERE HOLDING CBJ'S BOAT, WHEN THIS GUY ON A BASS BOAT...... POWERLOADED RIGHT ON THE TRAILER !

THERE ARE BIG YELLOW AND RED SIGNS THERE TOO !
6-8" LETTERS !
POWERLOADING PROHIBITED
ERODES LAUNCH ECT....

SO I SAID HEY, DIPSHIT, WHY POWERLOAD, YOU A$$.
THAT RUINS THE LAUNCH !
THE IS ILLEGAL !
WHAT THE HE$$ IS WRONG WITH YOU.... HE LOOKED UP...
SMILED, GOT IN HIS BLACK DURANGO AND PULLED OUT !
WHAT AN A$$HOLE.
IT WAS I LIGHT BLUE BASS BOAT, 19'

·
Registered
179 Posts
At metro a couple weeks ago. Bass tournament and offshore races/poker run going on. 19' bass boats powerloading=100%, 24'-40'+ offshores powerloading=0%. I noticed this while waiting for about 45 minutes to launch my buddies boat. That's all I'm gonna say.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Come on now guy$, what'$ the real problem with powerloader$? It'$ not like they are $crewing up the ramp$ or anything. The only rea$on they po$t all tho$e VERY LARGE AND OBVIOUS 'N-O P-O-W-E-R-L-O-A-D-I-N-G' $igns, i$ $o that we won't di$turb all the Manatee in the area... right? I $ee no other rea$on why powerloading $hould be avoided at the dock$!

(I'm still recovering from the repair bill, can you tell?!?)

·
Registered
387 Posts
budcouch,
Those Bass Tournament guys are the worse!

Two years back, I happen to pull my boat out at the same time all the Bass touney guys were pulling in as well. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM power loaded their 2000 lbs boat onto their trailer while I was winching up my 6400 lbs. ride. However, the worse part about all this, was these jerks couldn't even wait for open dock to pull out. Instead they would back their trailer down between two boats, leaving inches to spare, then drive their boats up onto the trailer at full tilt! One guy kicked up a big enough wash to soak my entire engine cover. I went over to "tell him what I thought", but he vanished like a fart in the wind. I then went and talked to the Park Ranger, who was watching all the chaos, and asked why he wasn't doing anything. He stated that they were part of a tournament and he couldn't do anything about it.

Well, that's just wonderful. Next time I leave Metro for a Poker Run or Rally, I'm going to go run W.F.O. down the Black Creek at 90 mph into the lake. This will be OK, since I'm part of a rally / race / tournament. The Park Rangers at Metro are a joke and a half!

·
12,052 Posts
I'm not touching this one either.......................yet.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Oh Hammer, c'mon. Everyone on the lake knows you're the worst one when it comes to powerloading. Constantly powerloadin when you take Hammertime IV in and out of metro on your trailer. Don't think we haven't seen you buddy!

·
12,052 Posts
I powerloaded a few trenches in the moot last weekend, while taking off on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If I keep it up the bay will be deep again.

G

·
QUOTE (Bayley @ Jul 9 2003, 09:52 AM)
budcouch,
Those Bass Tournament guys are the worse!

2 WEEKENDS AGO, THERE WAS A BASS TOURNY AT THE DNR AT SOUTH RIVER ROAD....

THESE JACKA$$ES PAY NO REGUARD TO RULES/REGULATIONS......THEY ARE "SPECIAL" PROBABLY ALL TOOKJ THE SHORT BUS TO SCHOOL !!
WELL THERE WERE BOATS GOING/WAITING TO LAUNCH THEY LOADED ON THE TRAILER IN THE DESIGNATED LAUNCH WELLS.........
BASICALLY THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT AT THE LAUNCH....RULES DO NOT APPLY TO THEM....
THEY HAVE WELLS FOR PUTTING IN AND FOR TAKING OUT...
THEY JUST WENT TO WHAT WAS OPEN.....WHILE PEOPLE WERE TRYING TO BACK UP, THEY WOULD RUN THERE BOAT THERE, WAIT FOR THEIR TRAILER AND MAKE PEOPLE PUTTING IN WAIT !! mad.gif mad.gif
I TELL YA WHAT... TRYING TO BE NICE TO ALL BOATERS, BUT WOULD LOVE TO RUN BY ONE FISHING ON THE EDGE OF A CHANNEL, 1" OUTSIDE THE BUOY'S IN a bgi 40" BOAT A SWAMP THEM...... SORRY, JUST THEY B*TCH ALL THE TIME.....I SAY TOUGH FROM NOW ON....
THEY SHOULD BUY/MAKE BIGGER BASS BOATS THEN !!
SOME WITH MORE THAN 3" OF FREEBOARD ON THEM !
WHEN YOU GO OUT ON A LAKE WITH 3" OF FREEBOARD ON A BOAT, AND YOU GET WET FROM OTHERS WAKE..., AND YOU B*TCH...... YOUR A DUMBA$$..........
MAYBE THERE MOMMY'S SHOULD BE THERE WITH THEM TO TELL THEM THE RIGHT THING, I AM WILLING TO SAY THESE ARE THE SAME DUMMIES CUTTING THERE LAWN IN THE RAIN AND WONDER WHY THERE LAWN IS ALL CLUMPED UP ! AND THEN B*TCH ABOUT THE LAWNMOWER MODEL......

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Jul 10 2003, 10:08 AM)The real problem is that the signs are ambiguous and hard to read.
yeah no kiddin'... maybe big, bold, red letters will get the point across.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Jul 9 2003, 05:23 PM)I powerloaded a few trenches in the moot last weekend, while taking off on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If I keep it up the bay will be deep again.
And we will all be thanking you for it, Hammer!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Jul 10 2003, 09:08 AM)The real problem is that the signs are ambiguous and hard to read.
haha !
bill that is the sign at the launch i was talking about across from eddie's on jefferson !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts