Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with MrsSunbum and things are not good. She asked me to let everyone know what is going on, so here goes...

Her mom is very ill. When I spoke to her this weekend she said the cancer has spread to her mom's liver and her lungs. Tonight she told me her mom is struggling to breathe. Hospice was brought in to the home today to care for her mom, to make her as comfortable as possible. Elaine has tried to wake her a few times and her mom is in a tremendous amount of pain when she's awake, so they let her sleep. Elaine has asked for all of your prayers that tonight her mom passes in peace. They've already had the priest in and she's not expected to last the night, though Elaine is holding on to what little hope there is that she'll survive the night. She mostly just wants the pain to be gone and for her mom to pass to the next life as painlessly as possible. Please pray for Elaine and her family for strength during this difficult time.

With all the stress right now, Elaine also told me that Dawn is supposed to have surgery tomorrow to remove her ovaries because the estrogen is feeding her cancer. Dawn doesn't know if she's going to actually go through with the surgery even though she really needs it. Elaine has asked that we pray for Dawn so that she knows in her heart what's best for her mind, body, and spirit.

Finally, her father had surgery on his foot last week and the hospice nurse discovered that he has an infection from the surgery, complicated because of his diabetes. I won't go into details, but he MUST go to the doctor tomorrow. Elaine said he is very frightened, he's afraid he's losing his wife and of his own very dangerous health problems.

I guess they say things come in threes, but Elaine's got about as much on her shoulders as one person can handle. Please send her as much positive thoughts and prayers so she can make it through whatever lay ahead for her this week. I know she'll appreciate every prayer and thought from you guys. Thank you.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Prayers for her and family

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Elaine and Dick, you two have gone through so much, more then anyone should have to, I hope that all turns around for you and things start to get back on track. You two are great people and I am sorry for your hurt that you are going through. My prayers are with you and your family.
If there is anything I can do for you, you have my number, just GIVE me a call.

Love you two,
MIKE

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Sep 15 2003, 08:41 PM)Elaine and Dick, you two have gone through so much, more then anyone should have to, I hope that all turns around for you and things start to get back on track. You two are great people and I am sorry for your hurt that you are going through. My prayers are with you and your family.
If there is anything I can do for you, you have my number, just GIVE me a call.

Love you two,
MIKE
ditto!

All of my love and many, many prayers go to you tonight. I will pray for peace and love to be all around you and your family!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
What can I say... NO words are reallly adequate, but I can assure you that we are here for you and your family.

Things are difficult for you right now, and there is so much that must be going through your mind, but one thing is for certain--we are all here for you and you can count on our love and prayers to help get you through this!!!

Love,
Emily & Michael

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Thats so much to deal with all at once, my prayer's are with you and your family.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Elaine & Dick!!!
Sooooo sorry . . . UNBELIEVEABLY tooo much to handle!
The last we spoke things were looking so much brighter!
I'm sure you're sleeping now, so I'll call tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
anything and everything we can send to you is on its way.
we love you and your family very much, dawn is a delight and although we did not meet your parents, we are sure they are just as wonderful and beautiful inside and out as you are.

we are saying prayers for you, and if you need us, YOU CALL US IMMEDIATELY!!

much love,
christine & greg

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Sending my love & prayers for all of your family. I am so terribly sorry to hear this is happening to you guys all at once...it's just not fair.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Even though I have never met you guys, JABBERJAWS said you are great people. Sorry to hear about your parents and sister and I will keep you all in my prayers.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Mrs. Sunbum,
your are in the thoughts and prayers of me and my family.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Elaine
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, we will say a family prayer for you at dinner tonight. Your mom must have done a wonderfull job to raise a nice person as yourself.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
PRAYERS!

At first, reading the title, I thought something was wrong with Elaine. But still, prayers to your family.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Elaine and Dick prayers to you and your family! If you need anything call !!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts